ALD Recordings from the 3rd leg...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In2U2

The Fly
I know that some serious tapers were able to get some great ALD recordings from the first leg of the Elevation Tour (Buffalo, Cleveland, and the secret ones that aren't out ....yet)

Do any Interferencers know if any decent ALD recordings have been snagged for this leg of the tour? (Or plan on being snagged)

When the ALD recordings are done right, they're much better than the earpiece recordings from this tour (no annoying metronome or engineering comments).

So anybody know the scoop....

LOL!

As always Blue Room weighs in with the heavy opinion!

Blue Room seems like a fan in the "know"....

could ya throw a curious fan a bone and tell me if any really good ALDs have been captured so far this leg?

Or is "mum" the word?

Mum!?

Oh, and the Cleveland soundboard is technically not an ALD. It is the ALD feed through the venues soundsystem, not the actual device itself. That is why there are no sound dropouts or static/hiss on that recording.

Personally, I think the Buffalo ALD is a terrible soundboard recording.

I disagree though about the earpieces. When they are done right and remastered correctly you will not get clearer vocals and are as good as most of the ALDs at that point IMO.

[This message has been edited by Blue Room (edited 10-29-2001).]

Originally posted by Blue Room:
Personally, I think the Buffalo ALD is a terrible soundboard recording.

I was just saying that to SkeeK yesterday.
smile.gif

The Buffalo ALD is definitely the worst of the ALD's I've heard.

Thanks for the info Blue Room.....Cleveland has a different sound quality than Chicago and that would explain it.

As far as the earpieces go, I haven't heard any that have been remastered (I think). The earpieces from the Popmart tour were really cool though.

Back
Top Bottom