Album You're Listening To This Week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bruce Springsteen - The Rising
Wilco - Kicking Television
John Lennon - Working Class Hero

The only U2 I can recall listening to this week is my rarities/live/b-sides mix CDs. I've made a couple of them.

I've been listening to a 10-track CD I put together a fair bit -

Native Son
Another Day
The Sweetest Thing (1998)
Summer Rain
Smile
Hallelujah Here She Comes
Fast Cars
Electrical Storm
The Hands That Built America
Mercy

But the most listened to album over the past few months is definitely Boy. I love it. I want to get prepared for October. :wink:

I've been in an ATYCLB mood for the past few weeks

I think pretty soon I'm going to have to switch it to a The Unforgettable Fire mood

U2 - Achtung Baby
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here (omg, it only has two incredilby long songs, but it's sooo good. some older Pink Floyd stuff warms the soul, haha)

Album seems to be AB, but I've played a bit of HTDAAB as well, especially Yahweh. That's my love affair of the week.

Non-U2: Bruce-Springsteen: The Rising, Sons and Daughters: The Repulsion Box, the Brokeback Mountain soundtrack, and what seems to be on permament repeat since October: Funeral by Arcade Fire.

Thelonius Monk with John Coltrane at Carnegie Hall

Recorded in 1957, just unearthed this year. Sorry, this has nothing to do with U2.

Blur - The Great Escape (criminally underrated, mistreated record!)
Kraftwerk - Die Mensch-Machine
The Police - Regatta de Blanc
i've not been listening to U2 much recently. last disc i listened to properly was 'How To...' since it was exactly a year since I got it and i liked bringing back memories of the time i was listening to it and what was going on around me etc.

Last edited:
HTDAAB (COBL especially), my Pittsburgh Vertigo boot and the rarities from HTBAAD *Neon Lights, Mercy and Smile* :love: :love:

Last edited:
Non-U2:
Star - Set Yourself On Fire (just got it -- fantastic album!)
Caesars - Paper Tigers / 39 Minutes Of Bliss (these guys write great rock/pop songs)
Oasis - Don't Believe The Truth (one of the best this year!)
Been listening to the demos from the album my band's working on

U2:
ATYCLB Redux
Beautiful Day
Elevation (Tomb Raider Mix)
Peace On Earth
New York
In A Little While
Wild Honey
Stuck In A Moment
Kite
Love You Like Mad
Walk On
Grace

and another mix playlist I made recently

The Fly
Love and Peace Or Else
Gone
God Part II
Bullet The Blue Sky
Big Girls Are Best
Elevation (Tomb Raider Mix)
Vertigo
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
Holy Joe (Garage Mix)
Won't Get Fooled Again (Irving Plaza Gig)

Last edited:
Pop, U2
Blood On The Tracks, Bob Dylan
Another Love Song, The Frames

:wink:

Sherry Darling said:
Now Carbon Leaf, Echo Echo :heart:

If you haven't checked them out yet, why not???

I have checked them out. I've been a fan for three years now. Echo Echo is brilliant. :drool:

I don't usually listen to a massive amount of U2 but in the past week Zooropa has recaptured my imagination. Top quality stuff. That and the song I'm Not Your Baby, the Sinead O'Connor duet that should have been on Pop.

For non-U2 I spent most of yesterday listening to Neutral Milk Hotel's 'In the Aeroplane Over The Sea' which is an exceedingly weird album. That and I've had New Order's singles on heavy rotation, as well as Ali Farka Toure and Toumani Diabate's excellent album 'In the Heart of the Moon'.

Back
Top Bottom