Album release date - will it be bumped up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tlt29

The Fly
2 months from the single hitting the airwaves until Thanksgiving week. That just seems like a very long time.

Does anyone think they've left open the option of releasing the album early? Maybe the buzz from Vertigo and demand for new music forces the band and record co. to move the release date up?

Wishful thinking on my part?

Well, considering they already designed the promos to coinside with the November date...

Plus, to my knowledge, all big hit singles come out a month or two before their respective albums.

U2 always promotes there song 2 months before the album goes on sale. So I don't think the album will go on sale earlier. Now a leak on the other hand :wink:

I think it is indeed wishful thinking. In fact, it's not uncommon for an album release to have 2 months between the release of the lead single and the actual album. While Vertigo got a great reception here and on the radio premiere, it's still not being played in high rotation. In general that is. It may have surprised many to see the single enter the charts that quickly, but it needs some more time before everyone, and their pets, know that there is a new U2 album.

So, the 2 month gap is nothing unusual. It will be hard, but we will have to wait 8 weeks before we can hear the rest.

C ya!

Marty

It's a nice thought, getting the album earlier, but I believe it's just wishful thinking.

You're right - I kept thinking ATYCLB came out late September, or about 4-5 weeks after BD hit the air (it was actually October).

Oh well. I guess I'll just have to tide myself over with Vertigo and the Achtung Baby outtakes.

tlt29 said:
You're right - I kept thinking ATYCLB came out late September, or about 4-5 weeks after BD hit the air (it was actually October).

October 31st. Larry's B-Day too.

A part of me just wants to go to Costco and purchase a JUMBO Nyquil and take it all. So that when I wake up, the Bomb will be in my greedy hands.

Man, do I wish the album was released earlier. I don't want to get sick of Vertigo but I will if I don't stop listening to it and start listening to the other ones. At least u2.com could give us snippets of the songs so we can have a taste of professional recordings of the new stuff. :drool:

Like ATYCLB, there may be leaks 2-3 weeks before the official release, but there won't be any change in the release date.

I don't mind waiting, it gives me something to look forward to and I know Miracle Drug is gonna be awesome so it's worth it. They will do some promo stuff like TOTP so we might hear an additional song right ?

Its not early, Eminems new song is on the radio for over a week and his album releases one week before u2's.

tlt29 said:
2 months from the single hitting the airwaves until Thanksgiving week. That just seems like a very long time.

Does anyone think they've left open the option of releasing the album early? Maybe the buzz from Vertigo and demand for new music forces the band and record co. to move the release date up?

Wishful thinking on my part?

probably not....single on sale in shops in early nov...then late nov album release.../in that time the band plug the album...interviews, live tv slots (in UK and Europe anyway, not sure on rest of world)...it's not that long a time...2 months from initial radio play until album...just seems long to us who count every day

I remember the album 4 years ago was fully available to download 3 weeks before it was released but that was from Napster. Doubt that will happen this time around!

Back
Top Bottom