Album of the day - October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aardvark747

Blue Crack Addict
Yep, it's that time of year again. The Autumn is well and truly upon us, and christmas is not too far away!

It's the 1/10, and that means a tribute is due for the 2nd album that the lads released. It's the 1st album I shall listen to today, and Gloria is already bellowing through the speakers.

Can't wait to get to Rejoice, Tomorrow and the perfect title track itself.

:bow:

Although it isn't one of my favourite U2 albums, it is one of my most-listened-to U2 albums. :)
Some great tracks on it (like Tomorrow, Gloria and the title track).

:up:

jonnytakeawalk said:
It stinks :down:

216.gif

My third favourite album. Love it forever and ever and ever. And ever.

All tracks are good, most very good, and a couple excellent.

What a lovely day...................... :hmm:

Amazing album. Second I got I think. So bloody underrated it's not fair.

As I'm sure many others have said, it's the Marmite of U2 albums- you either love it or hate it. And, despite hating Marmite (I once ate some of my brother's cracker that had Marmite on when I was two and was promptly sick. Serves me right I suppose...), I really, really love October.

It's my 11th favourite U2 album but I'll listen to it right now. "Gloria", "Rejoice", "Tomorrow" and "October" are four amazing pieces of music :drool:

"I Fall down", "I threw a...", "Scarlet" and "With a shout" are also cool but I hate the other ones, especially "Fire".

Not a bad album, only the less good, of course IMO.

Who's the goof that said "it sucks" - is he/she actually serious. How you can call yourself a U2 fan and think October sucks is beyond me?????

October is so underrated amongst the U2 community. It's a shame.

Kingdoms rise and kingdoms fall...

Harry Vest said:
Who's the goof that said "it sucks" - is he/she actually serious. How you can call yourself a U2 fan and think October sucks is beyond me?????

So you're saying that if I dislike one of their albums I can't be called a fan?!

You can't honestly say that songs like, 'fire', 'stranger in a strange land', 'with a shout' and 'is that all' are great songs.

and I'm certainly not the only fan who thinks october's crap. Try comparing it to UF, JT, Achtung Zooropa or even boy. You can't! They're all on a completely different level to October

jonnytakeawalk said:
You can't honestly say that songs like, 'fire', 'stranger in a strange land', 'with a shout' and 'is that all' are great songs.

and I'm certainly not the only fan who thinks october's crap. Try comparing it to UF, JT, Achtung Zooropa or even boy. You can't! They're all on a completely different level to October
Once again, its your opinion -- valid, but not everyone has to share it.

I CAN honestly say that Stranger in a Strange Land and With a Shout are great songs. I can also say that Fire and Is That All? are also good songs.

And I did try to compare October to JT and UF.
UF didn't even come close. To me, October compared to UF is like comparing chimps to humans. Both are smart, but only one has that something extra.
JT comes closer, but I still prefer October.

(please note: Not once did I say proclaim you were a liar for thinking differently to me.)

October is my second favorite U2 album. I don't know why, but I love every bit of it. It has a very distinctive autumn taste, Edge's work here is more impressive to me than the entire Unforgettable Fire album.

Especially "Fire" and "Rejoice" and "Gloria."

Meghan said:

And I did try to compare October to JT and UF.
UF didn't even come close. To me, October compared to UF is like comparing chimps to humans. Both are smart, but only one has that something extra.
JT comes closer, but I still prefer October.

As much as I respect your opinion, I've got to say that imo October can't hold a candle to the brilliancy of UF or JT. I think you're the first person I've heard say that it's better than both of these two. Not that that makes your opinion any less valid or anything

As you were saying, it's all subjective

As much as I respect your opinion, I've got to say that imo October can't hold a candle to the brilliancy of UF or JT. I think you're the first person I've heard say that it's better than both of these two. Not that that makes your opinion any less valid or anything

He's the first. I'm the second. October is the pwnage.

jonnytakeawalk said:

As you were saying, it's all subjective
:wink: Glad you understand.

I quote liamcool when I say that "October is like Boy, but with drum solos"

You shouldn't compare albums to each other. I don't. I prefer to like them for what they are and try to liek the songs instead of dismissing them as crap becuase they aren't as good as a song on JT or AB.

I have heard October thanks to the 80/90 best of where you have to wait until 7:30 of AIWIY, and I have Gloria live.

Gloria, in te domine...

October
Where the trees are stripped bare
Of all they wear
But what do I care...

:drool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom