Album is out, tour is almost over....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: Album is out, tour is almost over....

Danny Boy said:
One with Mary J. Blige

Nah! We don't need that. I have seen it once on tv and once in MSG(October 8th) and both times I felt she ruined the song. I know many people feel she has a fantastic voice but in all honesty I feel she takes the heart and soul out of the song. That's what Bono's voice is, heart and soul. Sure maybe he isn't technically a great singer like MJB but he has more heart and soul in his voice than she will ever have. The song losses it's impact with her singing it in my opinion. IN MY OPINION.:wink:

I believe Larry has tendonitis (which is why he wears the braces on the elbows).

Oh, and Bono doesn't care about European people. :wink:

They should just go back and record a new album and then do one quick leg and then take a year off. Give us an album with Mercy, Northern Star, Treason, and more!

Re: Re: Re: Album is out, tour is almost over....

Hallucination said:

Nah! We don't need that. I have seen it once on tv and once in MSG(October 8th) and both times I felt she ruined the song. I know many people feel she has a fantastic voice but in all honesty I feel she takes the heart and soul out of the song. That's what Bono's voice is, heart and soul. Sure maybe he isn't technically a great singer like MJB but he has more heart and soul in his voice than she will ever have. The song losses it's impact with her singing it in my opinion. IN MY OPINION.:wink:

I agree.

Just so everyone knows.

they should tour new zealand & australia in january. they should play in smaller-seized arenas (max .10,000)...
after that they should rest until june...and then they should go back into the studio and hopefully they record a more creative and more rocking album with the name THE RETURN OF THE BLOWFLY release date: 20-11-2006

Rock N' Roll from outaspace :rockon::rockon::rockon:

onebloodonelife said:

:hmm: Hadn't heard that before. And why is it that Larry gets sick of everything first?

Me, either. Where did you hear this? I'm honestly really curious... Not that I don't understand where he's coming from. I'll bet the tendonitis is hell. :(

I saw MJB on tv singing One and wasn't impressed. A different story at the Garden. She sang like a bird, with heart, soul and beauty. I was blown away. That's my opinion.

financeguy said:

A lot of that, I would say, is to do with more efficient financial management. I know that Paul McGuinness was concerned about the costs of the Popmart tour and they have perhaps tightened up on financial controls and things like that.

That's definitely what it is. Popmart was out of control: I remember reading that each show on the tour cost something like $1MM just to put on, so they were almost losing money on that tour (not sure it was hugely profitable). Elevation and Vertigo are austere by comparison.

bratty_cat said:

That's definitely what it is. Popmart was out of control: I remember reading that each show on the tour cost something like $1MM just to put on, so they were almost losing money on that tour (not sure it was hugely profitable). Elevation and Vertigo are austere by comparison.

Actually, Popmart was quite profitable - the promoter assured U2 of a $100 million profit and not only did they get it, the promoter took home a cool million for himself too.

U2girl said:

1st time ever I think more Europeans got to see U2 than Americans.

That may be true, but consider how much of Europe gets covered - they don't go beyond Germany on the east (ok so they played Poland this tour) or beyond Austria on the south.

The figures make me wonder why they decided to do a second leg of the States, when a second leg of Europe would have been far more profitable.

I wonder if it's simply down to the weather, though if it was, they could have had

Leg one - Europe - Summer 2005
Leg two - Australasia / USA - Winter-Spring 2005
Leg three - Europe - Summer 2006

Back
Top Bottom