album cover (official)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxpouliot

War Child
It seems that this is the official cover (www.u2achtung.com)

HTDAABCoverp.jpg

I like it, but i'd rather have seen that Corbijn picture of them walking and a big cloud over them (the calender pic).

It suits with a guitar-drive album tough

Well I still seriously doubt it's true, it sucks wayyyyy too much. This it the worst album cover ever if by some slim chance it is true. This has gotten such a negative response on the other threads that I don't think U2 will do this to us.

By the way can anyone translate what the article says? I want to know their sources.

cover

I'm sorry.. this cover sucks. :yuck:

I'm holding out hope this isn't true.
(no disrespect to those who like it, I just can't stand it)

all being said.. maybe I'll warm up to it eventually..

This cover is really bad. I really hope U2 change it.

is just so..ordinary!

What happen to the creativity?

Zooropa, The joshua Tree, ATYCLB...those are good looking album covers.

The article says:

" The album cover that everybody has been talking about has finally been revealed by Universal to their commercial partners. This is the same cover that has been circulating for a while on the internet.

Thanks to Laurent for the info."

U2achtung has had some credible connection with Universal before. Actually, a lot of 'official' info that ends up on other sites often comes from there. So I think it's fairly credible, at least more than Amazon.

I'm not a big fan of covers with a picture of the band on it, but I think this one looks cool. I think it's straight-forward and simple on purpose.

Love it!

very direct and punk rock! Maybe we should give the album a listen and see if it makes more sense before we go crazy..plus..its just a cover.

but I like it, lol!

I like it, simplistic in it's nature and tell's you how the music is gonna sound. Stripped back to just those four guys and that's it.

Also, isn't The Joshua Tree front cover effectively a band front cover and a lot of people regard that a classic. The front cover of this might be a little nod to that record, if you believe reports from Q stating that HTDMAAB is as big in theme's and tones as TJT.

I think they've went out of their way to lose the irony of the 90's front covers and the over load design style of them (which I really liked). It's a love it or hate it front cover, but it looks like it's here to stay.

I am an art director, so I'm probably the last person who should be saying this, but the cover could be a picture of Bush riding an a-bomb with bono chasing him in a jet fighter, I don't care. The music better rule, that's all.

(although my personal opinion says it seems under concepted...and the photo isn't exactly a great one...poor edge...)

there's a lot of back seat drivers around here...if u2 want to sound like this, sound like that...so be it
if they want to look like this, look like that...so be it
i'll wait for the album...if i don't like it...i'll not listen to it...end of...not the end of the world...i've got so worked up about this new album...wanting it to be great...but it just makes me sad and i should just chill and wait....i'm definitley more chilled now...not going to download clips...just going to buy it it on the morning of November 22nd and disappear into my room and listen to it...it's going to be a mad day....

OMG, you people are driving me crazy!!! Stop arguing about this album cover. It IS going to be the cover for the album, so either like it or don't, but there is no point in arguing over it, as we have no control.

Lancemc said:
OMG, you people are driving me crazy!!! Stop arguing about this album cover.

Why should we? This is a discussion forum, people come here to discuss (or argue, as you put it). I'd much rather discuss the songs on the new album, but noone's leaked it yet, so we're stuck discussing potential album covers.

Speaking of which... I don't like it. Anton Corbjin must have taken thousands of pictures of U2 over the years, and about 90% of them must be better than that one. Then there's that huge black border. What is it with that? The whole thing looks like it was put together in 5 minutes by a 14-year-old using photoshop for the first time. I realize that may be intentional, and it might make more sense when seen together with the remaining artwork in the booklet, but I can't honestly say I like it.

Not very likely to grab the attention of a casual shopper, either.

Back
Top Bottom