album cover (official)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wouldn't the band have final say on what the final cover would be anyway? If so, then they must like it. I kinda like it...but I would like to see what the other ideas were too...

SpaceBoy said:
Sometimes things are made to look simple and unflashy on purpose. I like album covers like this.

Exactly. This is not because they didn't care to find something better. They obviously went for that style on purpose. I don't think it's a fabulous cover, but it does have a very different feel than the other ones, and I like that. Somehow I look at that picture and they really look like a band... if that makes any sense. Just four friends hanging out and enjoying playing music together. To me it fits with what we've heard of the album.

I personally think War is their best album cover ever.

The cover sucks imo and here's why:

The font is lame.
The colors are weak.
Why are they sitting? and what are they sitting on? it's not a bomb.
I don't like the look on any of their faces.
this whole punk rock thing is kinda tired imo; when did they ever sound like the ramones anyway? not on any of the u2 albums I've heard.

JOFO said:

this whole punk rock thing is kinda tired imo; when did they ever sound like the ramones anyway? not on any of the u2 albums I've heard.

have you heard HTDAAB..?

The Title sucks.
The Cover sucks.
The Music will probably rock.
It seems like U2 are downplaying the album by contrasting terrible presentation with awesome content - otherwise I don't know what the hell they're doing. :|

radioskugga said:

have you heard HTDAAB..?

I'll bet you ten thousand american dollars it ain't gonna sound like punk rock.

it looks like they're waiting for the next greyhound to pick them up for a gig at the holiday inn...

Adam-"edge...EDGE wake up our ride's here!"
Bono-"Let the bumfuck sleep"
Larry-"I knew we were gonna end our careers as a traveling juke box. Dismantle this"

Axver said:
Yes, indeed it was. I still hate the cover and wouldn't want to buy anything with that on the front if it weren't going to contain such good music, though.

I hate it so very much.

This is a negative attitude, a really bad one.

How about this over-reaction ?: I'd buy anything with that front once it says U2.

I don't care if it's a negative attitude or an over-reaction. Now that I look at it this morning, I would be quite able to tolerate its simplicity and "I can make that on Paint"-ness if it weren't for the fact that Edge looks like he's stoned off his brains and about to play with himself. Ugh, it's a horrible cover. Totally horrible. That doesn't even really look like Edge.

I still don't think that's the cover. Until we receive official confirmation from a source such as U2.com, I will not believe that this piece of shit is the cover.

I have always liked the cover and the punk connotations, even though the album will probably not be punk. I just wish Larry would sit up a little more, he looks tiny.

BTW, I like the picture of Edge. He looks like a bad ass. He doesn't look like a pervert, it is more like he is about to fuck some shit up. :up:

I am really unsure if this is really the official album cover. Time will tell.

Originally posted by Axver
That doesn't even really look like Edge.

Are you sure?

I still don't think that's the cover. Until we receive official confirmation from a source such as U2.com, I will not believe that this piece of shit is the cover.

Yes, you're right about that. And they might just be testing us by trying to know our opinion on it.
I love it as a cover, anyway.
But I'll tell you this: I don't care about the cover. I hope the album is as good as I've been hearing Bono saying it is. And if he loves it I'm sure I'll love it, no matter how the cover looks like.

The more I look at it, the more I like it. The red/black scheme really shows that they're putting out some powerful stuff this time around. That, and the picture says quite loudly: "This band has attitude!":evil:

I also really like the frame around the picture. It makes it seem like it's a window into the nature of the band.

mikal said:
maybe i've overlooked, but it would be nice for anyone who actually hates the cover to actually give a reason.

Well, I did say it in my original post - I hate the colour scheme, particularly the red overlaying the grey/black. The red looks tacky and cheap and it's hard on the eyes.

I don't like the picture much either, but it's more the colour/design than anything. I just think it's ugly, whereas the black and white of ATYCLB was tasteful.

I like the cover...it kind of seems like a relaxed, loose moment witht he guys, and i think it speaks to the philosophy of the records, which is dismantling an atomic bomb not with aggression and violence, but with a relaxed belief in God and love, and a willingness to see the humanity in all things. Just a thought.

I think it's cool if anything though.

oh, c'mon... You know you'll all like it once it's out. And i don't think we should be so negative about it, especially when now we have some new visitor(s) here at the 'blue crack'...

P.S. Anitram, is that Goran Višnjić as your avatar?!

I like the possible "deception" approach. The band just kind of sitting around, no big deal, conveying a sort of who gives a shit attitude. Nicely sets up the suprise for the listener when they HEAR what the mood of this album is really like.

well at least it's better than the cover of the new (and of most) REM CD

Back
Top Bottom