Album Cover Interpretation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moshepop

The Fly
What do you see here?
Which is the common theme?

Just do some brainstorming....

WarDaysY.jpg

Was "A Hards Day Night" the Beatles 3rd studio album? (I just looked on the Beatles website and it looks like thats the case.)

If so all the titles are the 3rd studio released albums from each respected artist.

zoopop said:
Was "A Hards Day Night" the Beatles 3rd studio album? (I just looked on the Beatles website and it looks like thats the case.)

If so all the titles are the 3rd studio released albums from each respected artist.

OK now we're rollin....common guys.....stare at each cover for a while, get the essence of it....

BonoVoxSupastar said:
War and Innocence
Male and Female
Day and Night

Yeah, I mean, War in itself is clash of oppposites as well, which obviously is what 'X and Y' are, and what Day and Night are too. Also in the HDN cover all the guys are staring in one direction except one into the opposite direction. The underlying meaning of all the covers is the same. Our Duality.

Moshepop said:

Yeah, I mean, War in itself is clash of oppposites as well, which obviously is what 'X and Y' are, and what Day and Night are too. Also in the HDN cover all the guys are staring in one direction except one into the opposite direction. The underlying meaning of all the covers is the same. Our Duality.

Most of this is just in the album titles alone, but some good observations...

Let's see...U2 takes inspiration from the Beatles

and

Coldplay wishes desperately to be U2, yet will never be anywhere close to the same level of either band.

That's quite a reach for similarities. I guess I'm no good at this.

Trinity3000 said:
come on then moshepop tell us what your tenuous links are...I know you have theories.

Coldplay wishes desperately to be U2, yet will never be anywhere close to the same level of either band.[/B]

Despite your irony, thanks for asking: The Beatles career was a completed cycle, they came full circle. So did U2. Those two cycles (U2 and Beatles) abide by the same laws of development, and there will be another one, a third one, to complete the greater cycle which contains the three of them, which also abides by the same laws of development. Codlplay is enroute to be that Third Band. And right now is a critical moment. Coldplay's next album falls along the transition that U2 underwent from WAR into UF, and also the one that The Beatles underwent from HDN (passing through Beatles For Sale) into Help. What is Brian Eno doing there?. It is irrelevant what we think of Coldplay, what matters is what their numerous following thinks of them, and how they view them. Coldplay is not copying U2. Coldplay is the only band brave enough to have the balls to assume the responsibility that U2 assumed after The Beatles. The only band brave enough to incorporate U2's unavoidable influence without being destroyed while doing so. Don't you realize that the same thing has been said about U2 when comparing them to The Beatles....

I thought this was going to be along the lines of "well, there's Bono, and uh, Edge and Larry and Adam, and they're all sittin on a seat, not looking real interested, no dismantling of any kind going on..."

I love Coldplay too, but X&Y did nothing for me. Fix You & Till Kingdom Come are the only good songs on that album.

"Coldplay is the only band brave enough to have the balls to assume the responsibility that U2 assumed after The Beatles."

There are alot of other bands that are making better music than Coldplay. I think the media has put this label on Coldplay that they are the next U2, but they have a long way to go.

zoopop said:
I love Coldplay too, but X&Y did nothing for me. Fix You & Till Kingdom Come are the only good songs on that album.

"Coldplay is the only band brave enough to have the balls to assume the responsibility that U2 assumed after The Beatles."

There are alot of other bands that are making better music than Coldplay. I think the media has put this label on Coldplay that they are the next U2, but they have a long way to go.

I completely agree. In my opinion Coldplay didn't do anything special with X&Y. They showed no growth but actualy went a few steps back.

Back
Top Bottom