album cover FULL sized

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

klappie

The Fly
for those in debate whether or not they like the album cover or not, I've put a full sized image up to see in it all its detail...
000000p404739_front.jpg

I'm sorry if it screws up the layout...:wink:

cheers!

Edgette said:
Edge's "Spectacular Times" shirt. :up: :drool:

yeah... Edge has a certain level of 'hipness' for a tech geek, I believe it's a Steve Allen design, you get them in NY - saw 'em there couple of weeks a go...

This cover grows on me.

I remember a movie a while back ago - can't remember the title. The cover was very simple - very very simple, and it was said that this movie was so good that they didn't need a fancy cover. I begin to think this about this album. But actually ... know i quite like it. Simple and raw! Looks like a classic.

There have certainly been worse U2 album covers. I really like this one. I remember getting the Joshua Tree and thinking that was a terrible cover. Of course it grew on me over time and then it became my favorite album cover of all time. It never hurt that the album, itself, was a masterpiece.

If the Bomb is a masterpiece, then I would frame an lp that had nothing but the words "U2" on it if it was the cover.

The red slahes remind me of the ones in the intro of the Slane DVD. Don't know why that suddenly comes to mind....

goat

There's a sense of equality about the picture that I like. To me it says 'We are U2 (whether you like it or not)'. No LVs up front or moodly landscapes.. what you see is what you get.

from a graphic design stand point it is very dynamic. You can NEVER go wrong with B&W and Red. Also the diagonal red slash marks are reminicent of toxic waste markings or industrial danger zone type symbols.

Its growing on me, but I'm just waiting for the tunes.

Bono on the new album cover (from Blender magazine)

"Over dinner, Bono frets about tomorrow's shoot for the album cover. He wants to portray the band as friends who have made it into their 40s and accept each other, faults and all. Perhaps, Bono suggests, a picture of U2 sitting around a cafe table drinking coffee and talking"

Looks like the band was looking for something simple and straight forward.

Queen Bee said:
I think I'll just replace the CD insert with GibsonGirl's version of the cover.

As will I. Heck, it would take a lot to top that cover!

Queen Bee said:

:laugh: :hug:

I think I'll just replace the CD insert with GibsonGirl's version of the cover.

Originally posted by Axver

As will I. Heck, it would take a lot to top that cover!

Man, you guys are making me blush. :wink:

ChangeTheTemperature said:
GibsonGirl, Where is your suggestion for the cover?

*snort*

Well, since you asked...

cover.jpg

My sense of humour is slightly warped. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom