Album cover - Fanning - SoE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The band photo is the back of the booklet- faces the cd when the jewel case is open. The Larry photo is the front of the booklet/cover of cd.

Years of experience in design and printing. This is a standard set-up.

Where are these pictures from? People are just posting some pictures without saying anything. Do they have access to the final artwork or is it just something fans did on their own? I'll reserve judgment until we really know what the cover will look like.

I'm pretty confident this is legit. This isn't the first time he had access to an album artwork. Of course, everything can change until the release date, but I do think this is the final artwork

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I've seen several twitter posts from those who posted the pictures and I tend to believe the picture of Larry and his son is indeed the cover. I don't know what to expect once it's released but I'd say: Chapeau, U2. That's a really courageous cover. It's beautiful and all, but I think the band has to be aware of the reactions it will likely cause among those who aren't into the concept of "innocence" that the band is trying to express by using this cover.

Very brave decision from the band if this is the cover, they are definitely going into this with a care free attitude it seems, which is what many on here have wanted

:up: i love it if it is the cover, definitely their bravest (and most beautiful) yet

i'm sure the band know exactly what they are doing re. any misinterpretation/backlash/flaming...

eta, my teenage daughter actually mentioned again it this morning in the car, after her initial negative reaction last night, and said actually it was pretty brave and out there and "impressive for U2" hehe

The band photo is the back of the booklet- faces the cd when the jewel case is open. The Larry photo is the front of the booklet/cover of cd.

Years of experience in design and printing. This is a standard set-up.

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. Kudos to U2 for going with an edgy cover

Larry is also into acting and is not shy. Majority of people won't know it's his son. If you know, the photo is beautiful.

Larry is also into acting and is not shy. Majority of people won't know it's his son. If you know, the photo is beautiful.

Or, if you don't know, like most people don't, it will look creepy. Be prepared for pedofilia/gay-aimed raised eyebrows.

They've manage to outdo that bizzaro Apple kid-grabs-a-marker cover with something worse.

edit: it's not looking good even knowing. Really ? That's the best father/son pose they can think of ?

A reflection on adulthood hanging onto youthful innocence. Perfect image for the theme of the album.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Or, if you don't know, like most people don't, it will look creepy. Be prepared for pedofilia/gay-aimed raised eyebrows.

They've manage to outdo that bizzaro Apple kid-grabs-a-marker cover with something worse.

edit: it's not looking good even knowing. Really ? That's the best father/son pose they can think of ?

Could be worse. Larry could have had his son bent over.

372d54d46a299f08c35ed540ad2a397d3c6c62cb4b3e274fd6140060970394f9.jpg

So what demographic do you think they're going for with an album cover like that? It seems like they really wanted this one to sell....why would they do this to themselves?

So what demographic do you think they're going for with an album cover like that? It seems like they really wanted this one to sell....why would they do this to themselves?

Did they really want it to sell, given they gave it away to 500,000,000 people for free?

Considering U2 is "Dad Rock", it only makes sense that they try to reach out to the demographic of dads that hug their children around the waist, which they have had trouble penetrating throughout their career.

Considering U2 is "Dad Rock", it only makes sense that they try to reach out to the demographic of dads that hug their children around the waist, which they have had trouble penetrating throughout their career.

I see what you did there :applaud:

Post of the week!

Kind of encouraging to me. Feels like the band had ideas they wanted to get across. Very counter to the 'U2 = corporate rock' narrative.

It's not a good marketing move, it just feels like it means a lot to them. :up:

I'm just saying...this could really backfire. I get what they're trying to do, but this would be a better image for the inside of the booklet...

Given the backlash already received, I hope U2 *do* go with this cover. Bono once said that he wants U2 to "f*ck up the mainstream". They've already done it once with the release - do it again with this cover. Can't imagine getting more people riled up than this double whammy!

You know people's minds will automatically go to the naughty - so this picture reveals more about them than what U2 is really saying (about trying to hold onto one's youth). So let that f*ck with people too.

Back
Top Bottom