Album 13 Talk: Let's keep it civil.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, we've burned through another thread. Commence with civility. :wave:

Exactly. Coexist people. Compromise is not a dirty word.

coexist.gif

I've got a lot of catching up to do here with my post count.

Unfortunately, my attempts to bring harmony, even with 75 posts, failed in the last thread.

I'm seriously considering abandoning all hope.

Don't abandon hope. Abandon harmony. We're all grown ups here. If someone posts dumb shit, we've gotta call 'em on it. :wink:

Registered Dude, well done with your Degrassi reference in the last thread.

I'm not even Canadian and I got that one.

That's the biggest misnomer of all time about Canadians. (ok maybe igloos and mounties are the biggest) I don't know anyone who pronounces it "aboot". Maybe Francophones. But certainly no English speaking people from Toronto. It's "about" (like "out" "bout" "shout" etc etc)

I think we say eh a fair bit tho.

Eh, I'm close enough to the Canuck accent when I slip into my old Wisconsin accent. ;)

I've heard a few Canadians from BC say "aboot."

That must be because Toronto is practically in the US, so you have our accent. :wink:

On topic: Do you think Bono says "aboot"?

Registered Dude, well done with your Degrassi reference in the last thread.

I'm not even Canadian and I got that one.

I remember how they used to make us watch it in 'health' class. Which was basically when they turned our science class into a health class a few times a year in junior high so they could awkwardly deal with the 'birds and bees'. :lol:

Good ol' American schools. :up:

Here, have my Boyband!U2 pic again, since it was posted so late in the last thread. :wink:

boybandU2.jpg

I remember how they used to make us watch it in 'health' class. Which was basically when they turned our science class into a health class a few times a year in junior high so they could awkwardly deal with the 'birds and bees'. :lol:

Did you discuss how not to get a social disease like Emma did in the back of the van from Jay?

That's the biggest misnomer of all time about Canadians. (ok maybe igloos and mounties are the biggest) I don't know anyone who pronounces it "aboot". Maybe Francophones. But certainly no English speaking people from Toronto. It's "about" (like "out" "bout" "shout" etc etc)

I think we say eh a fair bit tho.

But didn't you say you didn't go oot last night cause you had a boot of laryngitis from shooting too loud aboot U2's new album not being released yet?

Oh... darn... I was just wishing that I could see that again.

....thanks?

Happy to be of service. :lol:

Did you discuss how not to get a social disease like Emma did in the back of the van from Jay?

If we did I don't remember it. I remember they had to show us the episode where Spike gets pregnant at the party in separate groups because OH NO BOYS AND GIRLS CANT WATCH FAKE SEX TOGETHER. Gah, that was forever and a half ago...I'd have been 13 or so then. :crack:

Ridiculous how that sounds, isn't it? lol

Diemen's right...many say "aboat"..I probably do sometimes too. But never ever "aboot".

Oh in that case you didn't go oat last night cause you had a boat of laryngitis from shoating too loud aboat U2's album not being released yet. :wink:

(Much less ridiculous sounding) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom