Album 13 Talk: Let's keep it civil.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been a lot of time and effort, but they will not out something out that they feel will not live up to their status. Their career and history is utterly priceless, and they will safeguard it at all costs. Unless this album adds to their legacy, they will not put it out.

And I respect that.

I know i've read several times that Larry is quite shy....

I got to met him outside MSG in ?05. I thought i caught a glimpse of a smile at some point while he was signing autographs/getting pics taken. He didn't rush. I think he was battling his shyness and was commited at that point to being out there.

Also remember him laughing in good way on the ABOY video this was funnest thing he'd done in a while (on the truck) as they were about to (staging area/start point) go rolling down the streets of Manhattan & Broooklyn for the special MTV show/filming ABOY vid.
And I hope he's not having bad back problems. Yeah, thot about Bono's doc as well.

So...I'm in the continium of agreeing a bit with mobo.... only on a way less intense scale - like a gentle nudge about them not so stressed up about the seriously commercial hit single....and playing what they love to do
... and Irving's post above re: living up to their staus/history.

I said back to mobo.....

If they have a passionate love for what they're doing on the album....maybe each of them feels more passsionate about some parts than others. But at least if there's passion there- even if some of it doesn't overlap between them....
Passion for your craft catches people's ears and hearts. And i can wait ind the end for those passions to be as stoked as they can try to get them.

And they have lives with family and friends, learning about other things in the world that they've variouisly go and try to help with- do (all) takes time from being in the studio, or just playing at home with GB besides you to record nascent ideas/sounds/lyrics.

I think that they still have the passion AND as/becoming being adults over time (since they started out quite young) they've added other passions to thier lives as well.

I think they are looking for that one song ...

I believe that they have a handful of good to great songs but I think that they are looking for that "Beautiful Day" song to carry the rest of the album and they haven't found it yet.

I think they are looking for that one song ...

I believe that they have a handful of good to great songs but I think that they are looking for that "Beautiful Day" song to carry the rest of the album and they haven't found it yet.

That was Ordinary Love. A big grower imo. Here in The Netherlands it ' s their biggest hit since beautiful Day.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using U2 Interference mobile app

I've heard the rift in the band is not an artistic one, but one over healthcare philosophies. Bono believes in high tech implants, Edge is a little more conventional, Larry is going the holistic route, and Adam tried to get him a medical marijuana script.

:lol:

Jesus Christ Interference does it again. I don't suppose it occurred to anyone in their rush to assume that based on him looking miserable in a video that Larry is to blame for the current U2 Issues and/or it might be he who is delaying the album....that he looks as pissed as he does because of the delays. And wants an album out and is just as frustrated as the rest of us.

I mean, that's probably just a really wild theory of mine, sure..

Jesus Christ Interference does it again. I don't suppose it occurred to anyone in their rush to assume that based on him looking miserable in a video that Larry is to blame for the current U2 Issues and/or it might be he who is delaying the album....that he looks as pissed as he does because of the delays. And wants an album out and is just as frustrated as the rest of us.

Interferencers see the future:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nuz7fcgSbRs

This place seems to make you angry all the time gvox. It can't be good for your health? You should just listen to magic by the coldplays for a while, it might chill you out a bit :D

Larry is clearly just constipated and hung over. Or stoned on his pain killers that he takes for his back. Or he hates everything all the time. Maybe he hates having to do cringey things like that vid, and sing happy birthday to people. Larry really does not like doing this stuff. Or he's clearly already left the band and is only making appearances to keep up the facade until an album is released. He will then officially announce that he has quit U2 due to them fiddling around too much and not having the magic anymore, he also wants time to fully commit himself to Sparkle Motion to stop the doubters.

He will then quietly join Coldplaydioheadrush as a part time standing drum machine and make short black and white french films and never smile again.

French Director(smoking constantly,looking miserable):- "Action!!!"

Larry:- "J'ai besoin de s'engager pleinement à sparkle motion!"

French Director:- "Cut!!! errrrrr excusez-moi Larry, could you say zee line once more but wizz less joy?"

Larry(stares menacingly at the director):- "Non"

aaaand scene.

This place seems to make you angry all the time gvox. It can't be good for your health? You should just listen to magic by the coldplays for a while, it might chill you out a bit :D

Larry is clearly just constipated and hung over. Or stoned on his pain killers that he takes for his back. Or he hates everything all the time. Maybe he hates having to do cringey things like that vid, and sing happy birthday to people. Larry really does not like doing this stuff. Or he's clearly already left the band and is only making appearances to keep up the facade until an album is released. He will then officially announce that he has quit U2 due to them fiddling around too much and not having the magic anymore, he also wants time to fully commit himself to Sparkle Motion to stop the doubters.

Join date Jan 2014 ok you have clearly not seen me angry, yet. lol

Secondly...again, maybe he's just as pissed as the rest of us that the album isn't done.

I'm going with that.

Join date Jan 2014 ok you have clearly not seen me angry, yet. lol

Secondly...again, maybe he's just as pissed as the rest of us that the album isn't done.

I'm going with that.

I agree with you gvox, Larry would have wanted this thing done ages ago. I wonder how many times he's said the words 'finish' and 'for fucks sake' in the last four years. I'm thinking lots.

you have clearly not seen me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry

Please watch the youtube clip and say "gvox" out loud at the start instead of "Dr Banner" when Cap speaks...It will bring joy to even the shittiest of days :D (well it does for me anyway)

The Avengers - I'm Always Angry - Hulk - YouTube

Just a technical question guys, when I'm not signed in here the youtube links I posted only look like text to me, with no visible youtube vid. But when I'm signed in then the youtube clip is there centrally on the page and looks like everybody else youtube vids on here?

Why would I be seeing that? Have I not pasted the link correctly or something? Can anyone help please.

When you are signed in the youtube clip automatically embeds into the page. Apparently it doesn't work for non signed in people.

When you are signed in the youtube clip automatically embeds into the page. Apparently it doesn't work for non signed in people.

Aah, thanks G girl :up:

So does everyone else see it like me too, or does everyone see the vids embedded all the time regardless of my being signed in or not?

I can see like fucking everything. I don't need to log in nor do I need Mikal's crystal balls. (Ive got big expensive balls myself)

Shit, I just want to say that Ive seen the future. I wont let the lion out of the bag right here in this thread though. But you know...its....you better hang the fuck on....that's all. Just hang on and try not to slip and fall.

You will be gone in a spilt second. Gone baby gone......away and away and you will never stop falling for all of space and the stars infinite glow

I just realized how ridiculous it is that we went from all the HOOPLA from January and February to where we are now... with literally nothing on the horizon, and no communication from the band to the fans AT ALL, besides a supposed "Spokesperson" making one very succinct comment.

I wish there were something going on, if only so I could deploy all these fabulous new gifs I've been stacking up in my Photobucket account.

I have a feeling that in probably two weeks time everything is going to come out all at once: a digital release in the summer followed up by a physical release later on in the year.

We're long overdue for official news. The band's hiding in ninja mode. That tells me we're in the calm before the storm, so to speak. We'll be slammed with a flurry of press, appearances, and the big release before we know it. And I'm more than okay with that. Bring it on! Album, tour dates, the works!

I wish there were something going on, if only so I could deploy all these fabulous new gifs I've been stacking up in my Photobucket account.

Queen of the gifs! :applaud:

As for all the speculation surrounding that Peters tribute video....that is typical Adam and Larry behavior to anyone paying attention. They're at their best when they've got instruments in their hands. They're the rhythm section, not the singers! A grumpy Larry?? :ohmy: You don't say! I'd be more surprised if he dressed in drag and did the hula!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Etkws_5mexg

You can just link us to your Photobucket account.

asdgd_zps0811393e.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom