Album 13 Talk: Insert cori .gif Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
By all means, go by what Bono actually said. You can read his quotes on winning the Oscar whilst listening to Songs of Ascent. ;)

Why is the default position around here that someone must be lying about insider info on U2? Do fans just not like the idea that someone knows something they don't? Or is it because we've been burned with bad "insider" info so many times regarding this record we've become jaded?

Why not give people the benefit of the doubt until they do something to harm their crediblitiy?

You're cute, don't ever change.

As expected, the Adam interview on the bass player site was just a rehash of his radio interviews along with speculation by the writer.
Ah well, no expectations no disappointments.

There are but few scant posts remaining in this glorious thread. So I must post some weird gifs from my collection. One last hurrah in this, my namesake thread.

8dFyy9Q_zps0555a7ff.gif

freshprincecarltonfreak.gif

2h2qcrd.gif

288b5fl.gif

Indygif.gif

I never have a good opportunity to use these. So here they are.

As expected, the Adam interview on the bass player site was just a rehash of his radio interviews along with speculation by the writer.
Ah well, no expectations no disappointments.

Yeah well I figured that was going to happen. Ad's got no reason to make any official announcement, especially without the others. We'll see real news pretty soon, I figure. A single, a release date, etc.

And Cori, you have THE best gifs. I am going to miss your namesake thread. :applaud: :lol:

so we should go by the evidence provided by the actual quote, or go by what you imagine Bono is really thinking?

U2 are many things, but they aren't stupid.

So an un-named band pens a song for a movie, gets an Oscar nomination for said song, pulls off a Super-Bowl ad to promote a new free song then shows up on night number one for the transition of one of network television's longest running shows.

All of this creates enormous publicity, press coverage and fan enthusiasm only to be followed up by the NON-release of their alleged new album.

If it were not U2, would this qualify as stupid oh say, from a marketing perspective?

How about changing management before versus after a new album and tour gets released and started?

Dunno about you, but none of these recent moves screams savvy to me.

I won't use the word stupid, but it doth make me wonder and it makes me think this record, if and when it comes out, is either going to be really great, or it will just absolutely suck -- there won't be an in-between.

But eff it, as long as they play Streets and a couple of old war-horses like WOWY, I'm in for my $125 on StubHub, and I'll take my kids, again.

Yipeee!

So an un-named band pens a song for a movie, gets an Oscar nomination for said song, pulls off a Super-Bowl ad to promote a new free song then shows up on night number one for the transition of one of network television's longest running shows.

All of this creates enormous publicity, press coverage and fan enthusiasm only to be followed up by the NON-release of their alleged new album.

If it were not U2, would this qualify as stupid oh say, from a marketing perspective?

How about changing management before versus after a new album and tour gets released and started?

Dunno about you, but none of these recent moves screams savvy to me.

I won't use the word stupid, but it doth make me wonder and it makes me think this record, if and when it comes out, is either going to be really great, or it will just absolutely suck -- there won't be an in-between.

But eff it, as long as they play Streets and a couple of old war-horses like WOWY, I'm in for my $125 on StubHub, and I'll take my kids, again.

Yipeee!

Sounds like you're going to hate it no matter what.

It also sounds like the stars were aligning, everything was going their way, the album was supposed to be out in April (as the LAT article said) and something happened. We don't know what. I'm dying to know. I hope we'll know soon. I don't think this was a massive cockup, I think these things take MONTHS to plan, and they didn't get the album done in a way they were happy with for the April 2014 release in the way that they had likely been planning since at least summer 2013. The Oscars were probably a part of that April 2014 strategy -- of course a nom wasn't a sure thing but U2 writing a song about Mandela and promoted by Harvey Weinstein, all adds up to a good bet on a nomination.

It was all really good strategy, they just didn't get it done in time, and are massive enough to do these things on their terms and pull back when they say so, not when the label says so.

The McGuinness thing ... Who knows. You can only plan for so much.

By all means, go by what Bono actually said. You can read his quotes on winning the Oscar whilst listening to Songs of Ascent. ;)

Why is the default position around here that someone must be lying about insider info on U2? Do fans just not like the idea that someone knows something they don't? Or is it because we've been burned with bad "insider" info so many times regarding this record we've become jaded?

Why not give people the benefit of the doubt until they do something to harm their crediblitiy?

Seriously? We are not talking about a newspaper report here, you know? We are talking about an unknown poster on another message board. Where is the credibility to begin with?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using U2 Interference mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom