Album 13 Talk: Insert cori .gif Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky Full of Stars deserves no credit whatsoever.

It's by far my favorite of the three songs released so far. However, that's because I think that Midnight and Magic are both downright bad. And this is coming from a Coldplay fan.

I dig Coldplay, but after Midnight and Magic, I don't really care to even give Sky full of Stars a listen. I imagine I'll catch it eventually on the radio or something.

Yea, so, U2. What ever happened to them?

Midnight is a blatant ripoff of Bon Iver but at least it's different within the context of Coldplay's discography.

Magic is a slightly boring pop song. It's functional.

Sky Full of Stars is Avicii feat. Chris Martin. Pathetic sellout shit.

Whatever you say about magic, the fact is that it gets a place on heavy rotation on most radio stations I listen to. Some are even announcing it as "new Coldplay", making it an "event". And u2 does not get that anymore on these same stations.
I fear that this is the relevance u2 wants.
And oh yeah - blasphemous I know but I like magic and its simplicity more than invisible. It reminds me of more stripped down "moses" from earlier Coldplay

Sent from my GT-I9300 using U2 Interference mobile app

Another interview with Adam, starts at 28:20.
He reinforces that it is the band's "strong hope and intention" to have the album finished by summer and out this year.

http://newstalk.ie/player/shows/MindFeed/15053/9606/04th_May_2014_-_MindFeed_Part_1

Is this the same Adam who harbored the strong hope and intention that the band would finish the album so they could enjoy Christmas? Maybe rock bands operate on a different calendar to the rest of us, so they are still enjoying Christmas in May. Really, apart from a few dozen fans checking in here every day, who gives a fuck at this point? Well, I give just enough of a fuck to post that I don't give a fuck :sexywink:

I like Midnight a lot! I praise the fact Coldplay releases something that is experimental too. U2 should have done that in 2010 with SOA. Coldplay isn't afraid to get an album out that is a bit lowkey.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using U2 Interference mobile app

At least Bono and U2 give a shit about their families and relationships at this point...

Can't say that about Chris Martin

Midnight is a blatant ripoff of Bon Iver but at least it's different within the context of Coldplay's discography.

Magic is a slightly boring pop song. It's functional.

Sky Full of Stars is Avicii feat. Chris Martin. Pathetic sellout shit.

Pretty much agree here. I'm hoping Sky Full Of Stars doesn't represent what most of the album will sound like. I actually enjoy Midnight and Magic quite a bit.

It's by far my favorite of the three songs released so far. However, that's because I think that Midnight and Magic are both downright bad. And this is coming from a Coldplay fan.

I'm a big fan of a few of their records.. and feel the exactly opposite.. :hmm:

I'm a big fan of a few of their records.. and feel the exactly opposite.. :hmm:

I just find Magic to be downright annoying. It has this awful je ne sais quoi to it. But that's entirely a matter of personal taste.

And Midnight I find to be dreadfully uninteresting.

I just find Magic to be downright annoying. It has this awful je ne sais quoi to it. But that's entirely a matter of personal taste.

And Midnight I find to be dreadfully uninteresting.

It's because magic has a unbelievable emotion to it. Listening to that song and seeing his breakup, it makes the song look listless.

The problem with midnight is not enough variety and that glib scream in the middle of the song.

I think Bono said it right about the punk movement in that you didn't have to play your instruments well, but you had to believe in the music. When people actually believe in what they are doing the audience can tell.

"It's magic, cuz it's true". :sigh:

Coldplay Coldplay Coldplay experimental Coldplay Coldplay Coldplay Uncoupling Coldplay Coldplay brave enough to release Coldplay Coldplay Cold Play

here's a question for the gearheads around here..

looks like U2 have been recording on analog equipment.. this based on some observations of shots of Church Studios, as described in the last Off the Record column at @u2.

For those interested in the technical aspects of studio recording, it appears that U2 are using a rare EMI Neve console. It’s as vintage as you can get, and according to this report, seems to have been newly installed. I assume that U2 are the first Church Studios client to use this fabulous piece of equipment. I mean, we are talking analog recordings! Do you remember those? I can imagine that once Edge knew this was available, it was a no-brainer.

does this give us any insight into the current recording practices? does using analog equipment change anything in terms of how they record? or is more about the sound you get?

and if anyone's been paying attention to the Church Studios page.. Epworth (?) has been posting pics for the last couple of months..

I believe this is the spot where U2 have been recording.. note Larry's little electric kit thingymaboob

tumblr_n3giv0iMgP1sk95kxo1_1280.jpg

and if anyone's been paying attention to Church Studio's page.. Epworth (?) has been posting pics for the last couple of months..

I believe this is the spot where U2 have been recording.. note Larry's little electric kit thingymaboob

tumblr_n3giv0iMgP1sk95kxo1_1280.jpg

His electric kit looks pissed off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom