Album 13 Talk: Insert cori .gif Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How did the Salome sessions get leaked?

I dunno.....it was 24 years ago and technology was different back then and there were alot of people in the studios working much more than today because it was very hands on as compared to now and U2 wasn't as tight with their security regarding what they were recording because that never happened to them before and didn't generally happen much at all back in the day regarding leaked demos but now with mp3's and tech stuff and especially youtube it happens all the time and U2 are very much aware of it and trying to not let it happen and oh yeah they have a very tight hold on everyone involved even Danger Mouse ain't allowed to say shit and so there it is.......

I'm not sure how anything actually gets "leaked" these days.....No one in the band is carrying around CD's that "get lost" or "misplaced" everything is mp3's on your phone or whatever device, so the chance of something physically getting stolen is really not possible, unless someone that works in that studio ripped an mp3 of this and decided to put it on youtube???? No way.....guy would be fired instantly.

If it's real it was "leaked" on purpose by the band to gauge reaction.

Well, anybody working on a project could take rough mixes home on a cd or through any manner of digital files. The minute an engineer emails a demo to a colleague, files can become loose. I'm sure the band would want to take stuff home to listen in different places - car, headphones, etc. I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often, especially for a project that has lasted so long, with what has to be hundreds of different mixes and edits. Gotta be a nightmare to lock all that down, unless the only place you listen is in the studio, which seems unlikely.

Yes but I think you missed my point in that no one is taking home physical CD's anymore so access to the songs is limited in other words Bono wants to take home a mix of a tune they did that day he plugs in his iphone or whatever and there it is without chance of a leak.

yes but i think you missed my point in that no one is taking home physical cd's anymore so access to the songs is limited in other words bono wants to take home a mix of a tune they did that day he plugs in his iphone or whatever and there it is without chance of a leak.

usb?

Yes but I think you missed my point in that no one is taking home physical CD's anymore so access to the songs is limited in other words Bono wants to take home a mix of a tune they did that day he plugs in his iphone or whatever and there it is without chance of a leak.

Right - but I was thinking about one weak link in a file sharing circle. Someone goofs on an email reply, etc. Nothing is physically being swiped, but it's easy to mess up settings if you're sharing files, esp. with the boys jetting around the globe.

Maybe there's a sweet national treasure-type Dropbox of U2 rough mixes. Someone get on that. I'm guessing the password is edgefire.

Right - but I was thinking about one weak link in a file sharing circle. Someone goofs on an email reply, etc. Nothing is physically being swiped, but it's easy to mess up settings if you're sharing files, esp. with the boys jetting around the globe.

Maybe there's a sweet national treasure-type Dropbox of U2 rough mixes. Someone get on that. I'm guessing the password is edgefire.

I can't wait to hear mix number 412 of Grace. :rockon:

Too much U2 to be U2. Mind blown.

Maybe that's why the demo is titled "Blow My Mind"

:rimshot:

UmpOi.gif

And as for "how" it got leaked....wouldn't be surprised if there were USB drives with the files on them. Easy peasy to copy and rip an mp3 or similar track and then upload it to YouTube or otherwise. I am always passing USBs back and forth with my mom so she can easily get pics of my kids (she doesn't use FB and its better than downloading via email).

as I believe Blue Room stated, aside from the obvious reasons, a "demo" at that point would likely have Bono doing something over it.

:lol:

or:

punkvenus
bonoisok
godwalkedin
relevance2014

I dunno.....it was 24 years ago and technology was different back then and there were alot of people in the studios working much more than today because it was very hands on as compared to now and U2 wasn't as tight with their security regarding what they were recording because that never happened to them before and didn't generally happen much at all back in the day regarding leaked demos but now with mp3's and tech stuff and especially youtube it happens all the time and U2 are very much aware of it and trying to not let it happen and oh yeah they have a very tight hold on everyone involved even Danger Mouse ain't allowed to say shit and so there it is.......

Actually the story is that Bono left one of his DAT tapes at the hotel and that is where it was taken from.

To clarify I was referring to the Salome out takes in my prior post, not the latest most likely bogus "demo" that was posted.

Has anyone heard this demo yet? I really like this.

Wyclef Jean Feat. Bono - New Day - YouTube

I saw the concert they did at Giants Stadium in 1999....It was Bono solo, Sting, Sheryl Crow, and a couple others I think.
80,000 seat stadium.....I think about 1200 people were there.
And that song, while for charity I think....is probably the lowest point in Bono's entire career in terms of vocal performance and image.

So Bono was in Malibu yesterday partying with George Clooney. Seems like the London recording sessions are either on a break or finished... who knows? But the last few weeks the band have a been a bit scattered.

So Bono was in Malibu yesterday partying with George Clooney. Seems like the London recording sessions are either on a break or finished... who knows? But the last few weeks the band have a been a bit scattered.

Album's done. It's being mixed and ready to release. Besides, Adam said they were at the end of the recording during his work with Walk In My Shoes. So I'm willing to bet whatever is being done in studio is most likely Edge twiddling knobs and the production team polishing it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom