Album 13: Shit Gets Real

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys. Based on the information we have, I don't think we're getting a commercial during the Super Bowl.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

Here is a link to the countdown of the release of Invisible....wooo hooo...can't wait.

End of Aids

Begin to "End AIDS" by downloading a fucking pop song. Unfuckingbelievable. And the suggestion that any of this could lead to an "AIDS Free Generation" is obscene. Even if RED achieved the specific goals of the projects they are funding, it would not "End AIDS", or lead to an "AIDS Free Generation".

I wonder how many people even know what RED really is, and what they actually do.

Begin to "End AIDS" by downloading a fucking pop song. Unfuckingbelievable. And the suggestion that any of this could lead to an "AIDS Free Generation" is obscene. Even if RED achieved the specific goals of the projects they are funding, it would not "End AIDS", or lead to an "AIDS Free Generation".

I wonder how many people even know what RED really is, and what they actually do.

You're wrong. AIDS will be gone in roughly 200 hours.

You're wrong. AIDS will be gone in roughly 200 hours.

Well, that's a relief! Too bad though for the approximately 50,000 people who will die from AIDS complications worldwide between now and then. SOL!

Hmmmm...perhaps they should push forward the release of the song?

Maybe if U2 hadn't taken off all that time to record the Mandela song they could have saved a lot more lives.

Well, that's a relief! Too bad though for the approximately 50,000 people who will die from AIDS complications worldwide between now and then. SOL!

Hmmmm...perhaps they should push forward the release of the song?

Maybe if U2 hadn't taken off all that time to record the Mandela song they could have saved a lot more lives.

That's a good point. Why wait another 200 hours?

After the 360 tour each members of the band gave nearly 4 million dollars to Red. that's a loooot of money.

Is it possible that U2 and BofA are using the term "new song" instead of "new single", simply to remove the commercial association? "Single" has connotations of something having to do with chart success, airplay, sales, etc. Perhaps they felt that wasn't a classy word to use for a charitable venture.

Is it possible that U2 and BofA are using the term "new song" instead of "new single", simply to remove the commercial association? "Single" has connotations of something having to do with chart success, airplay, sales, etc. Perhaps they felt that wasn't a classy word to use for a charitable venture.

Well, to have a "single" you have to have a record for it to come off of, right? Or at least an announcement of a record. Or a name of a record. Or something.

I think it's so people can't assume there's an album to follow (even though we know there is)

if they can't say there's an album to follow, they U2 don't have to provide a release date

if U2 don't have to provide a release date, then they're free to drop the album outta the blue as a surprise some point in the Spring, which I think is their plan

Lazarus is right. Especially given it's effectively Bono's charity, it would be a bit sketchy to be seen to be doing this to promote and sell albums. It will do that anyway - they don't need to be crass and make it clear.

Lazarus is right. Especially given it's effectively Bono's charity, it would be a bit sketchy to be seen to be doing this to promote and sell albums. It will do that anyway - they don't need to be crass and make it clear.

Releasing it as a conventional album single would attach more weight and demand to it, thus potentially more downloads/donations/awareness. Proceeds are still going to charity no matter if it's attached to an album still several months away. I don't see the problem.

I think it's so people can't assume there's an album to follow (even though we know there is)

if they can't say there's an album to follow, they U2 don't have to provide a release date

if U2 don't have to provide a release date, then they're free to drop the album outta the blue as a surprise some point in the Spring, which I think is their plan

You know, this is a good point and a scenario that I haven't seen thrown around as much. The way the band and Danger Mouse are handling themselves in interviews could very well be setting up a surprise release.

Pity that some aren't able to use basic comprehension to understand what Bono is talking about when he holds out the possibility - or, at least, the goal - of the next generation being AIDS-free.

Pity that some aren't able to use basic comprehension to understand what Bono is talking about when he holds out the possibility - or, at least, the goal - of the next generation being AIDS-free.

We have about 198 hours to go before we're truly AIDS free.

Guys, we did it!

Well, of course, I never mentioned Bono. I referred to the BOA/RED ad.

But once again, there's Gabe turning a discussion that has nothing to do with him into a personal attack. Really, do you EVER. STOP?

Should I report you Gabe, or will you report yourself this time?

Well, of course, I never mentioned Bono. I referred to the BOA/RED ad.

But once again, there's Gabe turning a discussion that has nothing to do with him into a personal attack. Really, do you EVER. STOP?

Should I report you Gabe, or will you report yourself this time?

I actually reported you because I simply don't want to read 2 pages of this shit again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom