Album 13: Mirror mirror on the wall, there's no album so let's just talk y'all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Billy Corgan has announced that his Smashing Pumpkins will release two new albums in 2015, titled Monuments to an Elegy and Day for Night. He's teased the sets thusly: "For those interested in sound, think: 'guitars, guitars, guitars, and more guitars;' but more so on the epic side of things than say, grossly metallic." He says recording began Tuesday, March 25, and that "plenty of songs have been written and ready to go." He hopes for a new single this year.

The news comes via a post on the Pumkpins' new website, which Corgan is calling "The Panopticon." He writes that "through its simplicity [the site] should better address the speed of modern life. A continuing feature, items regarding each day's recording will be shared that same evening, with song titles, lyrics, poetic impressions, pictures, sound clips, studio gear and the like offered for a circuitous, bird's eye view of the process as it unfolds."

Similarly, he recently gave fans (and Oneohtrix Point Never) a window in on his creative process when he livestreamed that eight-hour synth jam set to the words of Herman Hesse's Siddhartha. He also appears in this probably-not-gonna-get-funded Kickstarter documentary, and continues to make power-moves in the world of professional wrestling. Meanwhile, former Pumpkins guitarist James Iha just turned in the theme song for a new Hulu series

Is this a Smashing Pumpkins site or a U2 site?

Can we get back to discussing the new record now?

So yea... It was relevant to U2... as in "hey, here's a band that is actually showing you their progress and interacting with their fans on a very intimate level through the recording process" as juxtaposed against what U2 are doing.

But hey, let's talk about Rush some more instead.

So yea... It was relevant to U2... as in "hey, here's a band that is actually showing you their progress and interacting with their fans on a very intimate level through the recording process" as juxtaposed against what U2 are doing.

I know. I was using irony to be ironically ironical. That comment was for the people who complain when this U2/Rush forum occasionally veers towards talk about Rush. :)

And I agree with your point.

That iTunes exclusive we discussed days ago might be related to Madonna as someone pointed out. In fact, her Instagram profile posted this 3 days ago:

Instagram

May be anything, including a new project (remember the article saying that the mysterious artist would create anticipation on several social networks?)

Just a thought.

The Facebook Edge link that alledgedly announced news very soon is no longer available... :hmm:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...id=40955056397

Discuss..

We've been down the path of "some random person claims to have information but it was taken down so let's hope that it was taken down because the cogs at Universal didn't want this person to reveal the truth about how the album is slated for imminent release" before. It's not worth it.

We've been down the path of "some random person claims to have information but it was taken down so let's hope that it was taken down because the cogs at Universal didn't want this person to reveal the truth about how the album is slated for imminent release" before. It's not worth it.

Troll or Insider with the truth ? :hmm:

What do you think Digitize ?

Well, Reg, it isn't just the post that disappeared, but the whole (fake) page. Which leads me to think someone from the management found this fake page (maybe even by reading on here) and had it taken down.

Well, Reg, it isn't just the post that disappeared, but the whole (fake) page. Which leds me to think someone from the management found this fake page (maybe even by reading on here) and had it taken down.

Yep, then, almost certainly a troll.

Yes, but then we have absolutely nothing to speculate on at all, besides the fact that Bono is eating pizza and Edge's beard is gray again.

That iTunes exclusive we discussed days ago might be related to Madonna as someone pointed out. In fact, her Instagram profile posted this 3 days ago:

Instagram

May be anything, including a new project (remember the article saying that the mysterious artist would create anticipation on several social networks?)

Just a thought.

she's definitely got something up her sleeve. I had a feeling it was Madonna.

and if it is.. her promo strategy could tell us something about how Guy plans to approach U2

I think it's great what the Smashing Pumpkins are doing.

Heck even U2 was more open on the last recording. We had all those little teaser clips. Of course when we got the final clip we all expected the album soon and they got cold feet.

And the silence till a month before release.

Maybe they don't want us to know they've really struggled this time...of course we all know they are by taking five fucking years to release two songs

Wow they're in the studio again. Exciting news! Not

"Bono is without a doubt the greatest modern lyricist?" Is this a quote from 1993?

Back
Top Bottom