Album 13: [Insert News Here]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Registered Dude

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
So has anything new happened since the last thread? I dont think..

- Invisible video debuts tomorrow
- Fallon on the 17th
- U2 joined tumblr
- Some random dude tweeted that the album will be released as a surprise next week, then deleted the tweet.

Yeah, sorry the thread title is not funny..

He was in NY for a fashion show for Edun--photos in begal for those who dare. Personally I thought the photos with the basketball team were rather darling. Is Bono really supposed to feel his ego challenged by standing next to some gawky nineteen year old boys? Not likely.

All of which has zero to to with the purported existence of an album. :|

Keep everyone *outside of Interference* buzzing. :wink:

LOL...we're all 'buzzed' in here.

My guess is the album is done, they're planning to drop it unexpectedly, and they're going public w/statements that they're not finished to throw people off the scent. Meanwhile DM is out w/Broken Bells and the band is everywhere and nowhere at all, and the, supposed, charity single is really the open salvo for the new album.

My question, for those who question my thinking, is if this is 'just a preview' of the album and there's another song to drop as the first single, then why make a video...I mean I see the Super Bowl commercial angle, but why 'promote' a song with a video if it isn't the first single...from the 'soon' to be released album...:scratch:

So I'm saying (w/o any knowledge) new album soon

LOL...we're all 'buzzed' in here.

My guess is the album is done, they're planning to drop it unexpectedly, and they're going public w/statements that they're not finished to throw people off the scent. Meanwhile DM is out w/Broken Bells and the band is everywhere and nowhere at all, and the, supposed, charity single is really the open salvo for the new album.

My question, for those who question my thinking, is if this is 'just a preview' of the album and there's another song to drop as the first single, then why make a video...I mean I see the Super Bowl commercial angle, but why 'promote' a song with a video if it isn't the first single...from the 'soon' to be released album...:scratch:

So I'm saying (w/o any knowledge) new album soon

So, in other words, they've been lying?

Will the misogynist joke from the last thread be remastered?

Sent from my XT1058 using U2 Interference mobile app

Let's call it 'covert marketing'

New management...new tactics...

Again, pure speculation on my part, but this is the 8th 'new' album U2 has put out since my fandom began, and the lead up to this one just seems odd to me. They're always 'secretive' but this one has been a yo-yo like never before. So 7 months after the June reports popped up about a Fall release, which was pushed to an Spring release to now a Summer release, it just seems like, even U2, could get they're sh*t together in that time.

They release Ordinary Love and then drop a 'charity' single...testing the waters maybe...but more like a new marketing strategy to me.

Yes. Hitler will be the lead engineer for the remastering process.

Hey, no Hitler in here! To commemorate the new thread, I kept my promise and changed my avatar in celebration of the video tomorrow. Let's leave Hitler to history (and the Downfall videos) and focus on the future.

My prediction? No new record tomorrow.

Well, in a recent interview, the Edge claims that he won't be having much of a summer holiday...I guess that means a new tour?

He said that, but he also said that he will be really busy towards the end of the year. That, personally, screams 'tour'. And that's also where some of us are predicting a summer album release.

Only Bono is lying and what else is new there? Edge said he is going to have a busy summer. Oh wait, Dangermouse also said that they are still working on it. Well, I dont think its gonna drop tomorrow, life aint that good. But my gut (and its a very biased part of my body, the most) tells me that its gonna be some time in March or April. That way none of them would have been lying. If an album is released in late March then its not unbelievable that they were still in the mixing stages in early February, is it? And the lead vocalist and producer going on global treks while they are still supposedly working on the album doesnt seem right.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using U2 Interference mobile app

Hey, no Hitler in here! To commemorate the new thread, I kept my promise and changed my avatar in celebration of the video tomorrow. Let's leave Hitler to history (and the Downfall videos) and focus on the future.

My prediction? No new record tomorrow.

I absolutely love the album whose cover is your avatar, so I'll follow your wishes. :)

My prediction is the same as yours.

Only Bono is lying and what else is new there? Edge said he is going to have a busy summer. Oh wait, Dangermouse also said that they are still working on it. Well, I dont think its gonna drop tomorrow, life aint that good. But my gut (and its a very biased part of my body, the most) tells me that its gonna be some time in March or April. That way none of them would have been lying. If an album is released in late March then its not unbelievable that they were still in the mixing stages in early February, is it? And the lead vocalist and producer going on global treks while they are still supposedly working on the album doesnt seem right.

I'm sure you're right.

I'm sure I'm not. That was a moment of surrender.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using U2 Interference mobile app

I absolutely love the album whose cover is your avatar, so I'll follow your wishes. :)

My prediction is the same as yours.

For The Beauty of Wynona is brilliant...just a few degrees off Acadie (which is ethereal perfection). I'll always be grateful for U2 leading me to Daniel Lanois. And I thought the "American Edition" was...appropriate. :)

As I said, I was planning on changing the Hitler/Bono avatar anyway, I didn't like all the attention it was getting and it took me out of mein kampfort zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom