Album 13: [Insert News Here]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they going to do a CGI duet with Mandela, a la Natalie Cole and her dad singing Unforgettable?

They said it's going to be the first and only time they play "Ordinary Love", which I find interesting. Simply because it raises the question back up, for me, of what else they'll play on Fallon. But it's probably going to be BD, like we knew all along.

What could they possibly do that's so big at the Academy Awards?

In a minute he's going to announce that they're going to play a full version of Ordinary Love, probably.

I wouldn't be surprised at all. Probably just trying to draw attention to that page.

They said it's going to be the first and only time they play "Ordinary Love", which I find interesting. Simply because it raises the question back up, for me, of what else they'll play on Fallon. But it's probably going to be BD, like we knew all along.

Invisible, BD, and then maybe a new song from the album? :hmm:

They could easily mesh Invisible with BD and make it one performance. :shifty:

U2NT On Thursday, February 27 in 2014, three days before the 86th annual Academy Awards telecast on March 2, the Academy will host a concert showcasing the year's Oscar-nominated original songs and scores. The concert will be held at Royce Hall on the UCLA campus.
This is a first for the Academy, which year after year has tried to integrate the musical performances in an inventive way. Though the concert is currently not slated to be televised, it remains unknown whether or not songs will be dropped from the telecast altogether. The Academy anticipates that the nominated musicians will perform the songs themselves.

Governors of the music-branch told Variety that "a symphony orchestra of Los Angeles studio musicians will perform a suite from each score of up to 10 minutes in length. Subject to availability, each original composer will conduct his or her own work." The Academy also aims to have composers and directors onstage together to discuss their creative collaboration.http://www.oscars.org/events.../events/2014/01/songs.html

Oscar Week: Oscar Concert
Oscars.org | Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences THERE... we said it first.. tickets bought!! Oscars, here we come!

Oscar Week: Oscar Concert
Oscars.org | Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
During the week leading up to the 86th Academy Awards presentation, the Academy will present public events celebrating this year's nominees.

...it remains unknown whether or not songs will be dropped from the telecast altogether. The Academy anticipates that the nominated musicians will perform the songs themselves.

But Bono said they'd be performing at the Oscars. Maybe that's just worded funny.

And I guess that second sentence means "at this special concert"?

Weird.

That was a disproportionate amount of words in caps relative to how relevant the 'news' turned out to be.

They better not drop the songs. I really enjoy that part of it. It would be great if they did more to incorporate the scores as well.

Seriously, I hope they're not going to spend two weeks rehearsing to perform one song.

Obviously they are unveiling the new album by playing it in it's entirety at a surprise gig in LA. And then releasing it immediately thereafter on iTunes. And it's going to sound like Achtung Baby. :hyper:

50centdriving.gif

If they also film this concert, they might use footage of it during the Oscars.

I don't know, but if u2 is only going to play Ordinary Love once (as was written in an article today), it's either going to be then or at the actual Oscar show.

Did they have song performances at the Oscars last year?

Somehow I can't picture that u2 would let another artist perform Ordinary Love.
But what do I know.

Didn't the just do a bare bones set at another awards thing recently?

Yah, they'll show up and play, almost fer sure. :up:

They did the Haiti benefit a night or so before the GGs. :up:

So we could see this Oscar concert the 27th and then see the Oscars on the 2nd. :hmm: I wonder if this "concert" is gonna replace the live performances at the actual awards. I hope not, as I actually LIKE that part. :lol:

Anyone here going to grab a copy of the Hollywood Reporter? I'm guessing it will go on sale to the public in 5 hours or so. Be interesting to see what (if any) info there is on the album. We are about due to learn another new song title.

They're hosting a special concert for just a couple of Oscar nominated songs? I don't get what this is all about :hmm:

Has Ordinary Love's live performance has actually been confirmed by the Academy yet, because I saw the other performances being confirmed for the Oscar ceremony on twitter, but not Ordinary Love, it's only the Bono interview we're relying on here.

So if this ominous concert is taking place, does this mean, they'll perform Ordinary Love twice? Maybe it would be better since they have never performed it live before, so they can kind of test it before things get serious on 2 March.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom