Album 13: [Insert News Here]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you're in for a treat if you haven't seen Lanois live.. I saw him in a theatre when he did his Acadie reissue.. 3 hours of that chill you get when you hear a great song.

and with Emmylou too.. oy vey..

I've never seen either of them, although both are on my list of acts to see.

Wrecking Ball is one of my all-time favorite albums, so when I heard there was a reissue coming ( :drool: ) and a small tour, I knew this would be a show I'd travel for (since they're not coming to the PNW). Totally worth a weekend trip to SFO.

Actually, it's an album with a title (and title track) that's a cover of a Neil Young song. (But yes, I know you're kidding.)

And it's even U2 related, kinda ... doesn't Larry make an appearance on the album? Or am I thinking of a different Lanois project?

Actually, it's an album with a title (and title track) that's a cover of a Neil Young song.

And it's even U2 related, kinda ... doesn't Larry make an appearance on the album? Or am I thinking of a different Lanois project?

Larry Mullen, Jr. is all over it – drums on tracks 2 4 6 7 8 9 12, cymbal on 4, hand drum on 10

Ooh, I thought I recognized that cymbal on the title track. :wink:

And I'd forgotten about them being on Acadie, too. I just listened to that album a few days ago.

so much of the sound we identify with U2 is Daniel Lanois..

ultimately, I'll miss his touch this time 'round

How the shit was I not aware of that?

Corifail.

Edit: Glad I wasn't the only one. Ha ha.

ya! fail friend!

ecVRc.gif

Holy crap, me neither! That's great.

Also, I got a ticket to see Emmylou Harris and Daniel Lanois performing Wrecking Ball in San Francisco in April. I am EXCITED. :drool:
WHAAT?

I saw Emmylou with Rodney Crowell last summer. I would kneel in front of that woman. Are they doing a tour together or just a single date?

Hey, no Hitler in here! To commemorate the new thread, I kept my promise and changed my avatar in celebration of the video tomorrow. Let's leave Hitler to history (and the Downfall videos) and focus on the future.

My prediction? No new record tomorrow.

ah phew, now i can stop whining hehe! thanks! :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom