ALBUM 13 - DOUBLE LP or NOT ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, Bono said in a quick interview chat last december that he hopes the public will be "Sick of them" in 2014.

That tends to indicate that they will be all over the music scene throughout the year. Releasing one album does not seem to fit that description. I'm not counting OL and Invisible here...

No. There will only be one album. My source (Dr. Commonsense) confirmed so.

Should move this to Where The Album Has No Name if this is the new thread. :hmm:

:yes:

There's as much of a chance as a two album release this year or Bono pictured doing "Stanky Legg" dance...... oh wait......what?

Here is how I see it.

A mega-deluxe edition with a mini album of (5? let's say 5) bonus tracks thrown in - maybe not produced by Danger Mouse. Different experiments, no pressure.

Also, if the new album comes in June, I'd expect an announcement within the end of April (as Headache said). Better, they should try to have the main thing done in a month. If we have no signals within the end of April, it's coming later than June, imho.

Discuss :wave: in the light of recent comments made by James Mercer in Rolling stone mag and Bono to Amanda Brunker

add to this that Dallas is rumoured to have recently told a fan that the album is released in August, and that it will come packaged with a bonus disc.

add to this that Dallas is rumoured to have recently told a fan that the album is released in August, and that it will come packaged with a bonus disc.

Packaged as a "bonus" disc ? How peculiar... :hmm:

Meaning a full album and an EP attached to it ? That was their plan with Zooropa initially "a Post-Card from ZOOTV" but it became a full-fledged album

Last edited:
:yes:

There's as much of a chance as a two album release this year or Bono pictured doing "Stanky Legg" dance...... oh wait......what?

Bh4WvtkIcAAGtVk.jpg

:wink:

Packaged as a "bonus" disc ? How peculiar... :hmm:

Meaning a full album and an EP attached to it ? That was their plan with Zooropa initially "a Post-Card from ZOOTV" but it became a full-fledged album

IF the rumour isn't total BS, than it probably means a second disc with some alternate takes, and maybe 2-3 new songs and outtakes, like Coldplay did with Viva La Vida, probably not a full second disc of new music, like Radiohead did with In Rainbows

Dallas Liars Club

Founder, Chairman: Bono

Ever wonder if the band/staff reads your posts?

I do. Nervous?

Hey guys! Hey Edge! :wave: You know I'm just kiddin right. RIGHT? :sad:

:angry:

Didn't he say April? Now it's August? :sad:

Album #1 (the DM material?) in April.

Album #2 in August while they're touring.

That makes the most sense imo. Dallas has supposedly said both April and August. Larry hinted at two albums WAY back when. There's now been hints from BB about Brian doing "the first record" and now Bono is talking about two albums as well.

An April release for #1 would give way to a summer tour. Backing up Edge's claims of "a busy summer". And most likely Album #1 is the "12 tracks" one that Adam talked about in October. :yes:

That makes the most sense imo. Dallas has supposedly said both April and August. Larry hinted at two albums WAY back when. There's now been hints from BB about Brian doing "the first record" and now Bono is talking about two albums as well.

An April release for #1 would give way to a summer tour. Backing up Edge's claims of "a busy summer". And most likely Album #1 is the "12 tracks" one that Adam talked about in October. :yes:

An announcement on Adam's birthday perhaps ? March 13th... :hmm:

It would make sense to release the rumoured second album while they're on tour.

Dallas Liars Club

Founder, Chairman: Bono

Ever wonder if the band/staff reads your posts?

I do. Nervous?

Hey guys! Hey Edge! :wave: You know I'm just kiddin right. RIGHT? :sad:

:angry:

They'd give up after the 2nd spoiler, though. :wink:

An announcement on Adam's birthday perhaps ? March 13th... :hmm:

thud.gif

Why didn't I think of that???? His birthday's next week!

Not only is he actually the oldest, his birthday falls almost 2 weeks past the Oscars, right in line with the torturous slow-drip-news-feed of news every few weeks. :crack:

It would make sense to release the rumoured second album while they're on tour.

Yep. Very ZooTV. :drool:

Makes sense if what Dallas said is true...:hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom