ALBUM 13 - DOUBLE LP or NOT ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well fuck. maybe it's all shit. maybe we've been spared an album of shit.

If that's the case, I'd rather wait. But after all the "delays", I think the band are clearly panicking or realize that they indeed need to shift direction musically. If DM couldn't get good stuff out of them...I really wonder what's going on...

The Motto of the band has always been "2 Crap albums and we're out". I know a lot of people liked NLOTH but the band considered it a "failure". So one more and they forcefully retire...they're scared shitless.

The end is near for U2 unless they make a brilliant return a la "Achtung Baby" with a few "collab" songs with huge artists. I fear a break up and/or last album coming (IF we get one)...

:sad:

Here's the deal... just as recently as last weekend Bono was on camera saying there were two albums they were working on ... and were "very excited about." A couple of months before that Bono said they had a first single other than Invisible that they were "very excited about." The Edge said just a few weeks ago that six or seven songs were completed and ready to go. A few weeks before that he said he would have a very busy summer and fall, and it was pretty clear he didn't mean finishing the album.

This article would have us believe that they've basically decided in just the past week that they need to go back to the drawing board. It's very odd.

I do believe the article is likely correct. I just have no earthly idea why as recently as last weekend Bono would be talking about 2 albums that they were excited about.

So is this one.

You're welcome.

2h2qcrd.gif

I think I'm going to be sick

Here's the deal... just as recently as last weekend Bono was on camera saying there were two albums they were working on ... and were "very excited about." A couple of months before that Bono said they had a first single other than Invisible that they were "very excited about." The Edge said just a few weeks ago that six or seven songs were completed and ready to go. A few weeks before that he said he would have a very busy summer and fall, and it was pretty clear he didn't mean finishing the album.

This article would have us believe that they've basically decided in just the past week that they need to go back to the drawing board. It's very odd.

I do believe the article is likely correct. I just have no earthly idea why as recently as last weekend Bono would be talking about 2 albums that they were excited about.

The Oscars loss, perhaps? That's the only thing I can come up with.

I'm with you. It's pretty confusing, and something doesn't add up somewhere along the line. It's not as though the reception to invisible and Ol has been poor.

I just saw the billboard article and yelled "Motherfucker!" at the top of my lungs. My roommate looks at me and goes "Did the U2 album get delayed?" Seriously though, this is some bullshit, they just wasted all the momentum they had built up starting from the release of Ordinary Love.

Hey, I got a book for my subscription. That's something.

... it's gathering dust on my coffee table, still unopened ... but it's still something.

I'm guessing more fallout with Danger Mouse, beyond the previously-hinted-at fallout when they brought in Epworth to remix Ordinary Love. It sounds like there was probably a meeting earlier this week when they said, "It's time to go back to the drawing board." So sad.

I just saw the billboard article and yelled "Motherfucker!" at the top of my lungs. My roommate looks at me and goes "Did the U2 album get delayed?" Seriously though, this is some bullshit, they just wasted all the momentum they had built up starting from the release of Ordinary Love.

When I saw it, I was like this

tumblr_inline_mnoaocmJNL1qz4rgp.gif

And then I start to yell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom