ALBUM 13 - DOUBLE LP or NOT ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing more fallout with Danger Mouse, beyond the previously-hinted-at fallout when they brought in Epworth to remix Ordinary Love. It sounds like there was probably a meeting earlier this week when they said, "It's time to go back to the drawing board." So sad.

But the Billboard article says Danger Mouse is still at the helm. Certainly he wouldn't be staying on board if they were scrapping most of what he's been working on for the past two years. So weird.

Why not? We could be another full year away from an album, they must have had a MASSIVE crisis of confidence because up until a couple of weeks ago everything was so positive.

I'm just saying let's not go that far yet.. reading too much into it until we hear from the horse's mouth.. haha.

this always seems to come up every time they do this just saying.:wink:

Hey look! Photobucket let me back on.

fuck-this-thing-cat_zps49b9292b.gif

Why not? We could be another full year away from an album, they must have had a MASSIVE crisis of confidence because up until a couple of weeks ago everything was so positive.

Until yesterday we were making plans and dancing around the world, telling everyone that we were saving every little money for U2's tour.

And now... oh, the despair.

I'm not very happy now.

Edit: This is very weird indeed. Every signal points to a later release, but in 2014 at least. I really hope we can have better - AND OFFICIAL - news soon

U2 better release some type of statement instead of Bono or Edge's one-off interviews. This report has the same magnitude as when we first found out that Paul McGuinness would step down and Guy O. would take over.

If the article is accurate, the band is pretty much done.

The narrative of an album released in 2015 will be of troubled creation, multiple producers, 6 years in the making. It will have huge negative buzz to overcome.

"6 years for this!?!?!"

The tour will still be 'successful' but any hope of 'relevancy' for the album will be an even longer shot than it was before.

Easily could be the musical equivalent of Willie Mays roaming centerfield for the Mets or Brett Favre playing QB for Minnesota.

U2 ending not with a bang, but a whimper.....

Hope the article is wrong.

Last time they'd been working with a producer, recorded material, decided it wasn't working, and switched producers, we got How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb.

:doh:

I'm sure he's off happily eating donuts, since now he has more time to get into tour-ready condition.

You know things are bleak when *I'm* making mean fat jokes about Bono. All hope is surely lost. :(

But the Billboard article says Danger Mouse is still at the helm. Certainly he wouldn't be staying on board if they were scrapping most of what he's been working on for the past two years. So weird.

Good point. But even if Danger Mouse is still involved, this sounds more like going "back to the drawing board" than just asking a couple new guys to sweeten some existing songs. Otherwise why delay almost an entire year?

Plus, DM, Epworth and Tedder are all major producers in their own right, so it's quite likely the finished product will have that scattered HTDAAB vibe. I don't know. It's not worth speculating anymore. :(

Mot*#%&$+******
They should just announce that they are breaking up and that is it. Hope is the greatest curse, and for almost a year we are here hoping that they will bless us with an album. Screw them, break up, let us be and let us enjoy in what they did so far. That would give us some peace.
Constant stream of disappointments and hoping against hope is killing me.

And oh yeah - let's sue U2.com for damages as they told us to subscribe and to save money for the tour :) I subscribed only because of that and The Book is just a plaything for my 3 year old :)

I wonder how much Ordinary Love had to do with all of this. They've all said more than once that they took time off from working on their album to write OL. Edge even went so far as to say that it was difficult because they were really in the groove with the album recording process, and this interruption made them lose that momentum.

If they've decided this a few days ago (let's suppose it), I have a feeling it could be related to the Ordinary Love/Invisible having taken the scene. Many of you claim U2 are not taking advantage of those two. My theory instead is that U2 want to be as far as possible from those two's buzz to have a clean start with the new project. Obviously, 2015 is a bit mad even for this theory when you consider that August 2014 or next fall would totally serve the purpose. So, basically, what do I know.

Good point. But even if Danger Mouse is still involved, this sounds more like going "back to the drawing board" than just asking a couple new guys to sweeten some existing songs. Otherwise why delay almost an entire year?

Plus, DM, Epworth and Tedder are all major producers in their own right, so it's quite likely the finished product will have that scattered HTDAAB vibe. I don't know. It's not worth speculating anymore. :(

I think that the are just covering the clusterfuck they created with this. It would not surprise me that DM is completely out of the picture, but they will give him the major producer credit, as a public display of the breakup (especially if it is ugly) would cause a rather bad publicity for U2, as DM is much more popular and cooler in music media circles today

THE FIVE STAGES OF A U2 FAN EVERYTIME WE HEAR THE WORD "POSTPONED"

1. Denial and Isolation

Oh no no no no, it must be a surprise release. they must be playing with us, right? RIGHT?RIIIIIIIGHT?:

2. Anger

THE MOTHERFU*** ARE CRAZY? WHAT HELL ARE THEY DOING? ARE THEY INSANE? WHY THE HELL DID THEY ALL THAT SUPER BOWL THING?

3. Bargaining

Ok, I can deal with that. They could release at least the other single. please. something. a new mix, maybe? Some official news? Please?

4. Depression

Why U2? Why the hell am I a U2 fan? I could be a Justin Bieber fan and get multiple records in a year. Why U2? Are they breaking up? This will be the end? Is Bono ok?

5. Acceptance

Stage not present in a U2 fan.

2015 might be a difficult year to stay relevant, in the UK at least, as the Stone Roses are rumoured to release long awaited new material next year and it will be the most eagerly awaited album in over 20 years.

Been listening to Boy and early U2 concerts lately hopefully by the time I've worked through their entire back catalogue they might have found the baws to treat us to some new stuff.

Its my birthday in two weeks and everyone thats asked me what i wanted ive just said "money cause u2 will be touring soon"

Gutted

But we will all still be doing kart wheels when it comes out next year, u2 is like a drug and i can never say no,no matter how pissed off i am with them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom