Alan Cross (from Edge 102.1) described "Vertigo"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dragonfave

New Yorker
Hi guys. I just emailed Alan about whether "Edge 102" got a hold of the song yet. Here what he replied to me:

"Not yet. I've heard it, though (a high-security copy that was
immediately taken away) and I like it. Think Jet meets the Hives with
some Edge guitars.

We're hoping to get it soon. When? Not sure yet........" (Date: Sept. 7th)

Geez, people, relax. Some people have different ways of describing music.

Even from that crappy quality clip we've heard, that sounds nothing like Jet (AKA AC/DC) or The Vines (AKA Nirvana).

riteshbhatt1 said:
Even from that crappy quality clip we've heard, that sounds nothing like Jet (AKA AC/DC) or The Vines (AKA Nirvana).

Radio Dj's have absolutely no ability to describe music whatsoever. They lack the comprehension and communication skills. They are only good for annoying babble. This is why they get to hear the music first; they are incapable of spoiling anything.

Ya that might be the worst comparison. Weve heard over one minute of the song, so thats 1/3 of it. It doesnt sound a bit like Jet, even though I got nothing against the band. But at least its another person who likes it.

I am glad it wasn't described as "think Barry Mannilow meets William Shatner spoken word with some Tiny Tim ukelele."

I talked to an acquaintence of mine who is a DJ at the local alt-rock station here (KNRK), and he said he's heard Vertigo and that it's a very cool song, that sounds a little bit different than anything else they've done, and that it's more bass-driven than much of their previous work.

From the short, muffled clip I've heard it sounds most similar to "Out of Control" :shrug:

Eh, who knows...I just CANNOT FRIGGIN' WAIT until I get to hear this song!! :hyper: From all that I've heard, it sounds like U2 have really "woken up" with this record. I'm not saying they were asleep or whatever with ATYCLB (I love that album!), but that the band has somewhat returned to their youthful exuberance :wink:

im also praying that it is nothing like jet, lets get the echoy guitars, and the awsome but mysterious edge.
I want it to be more like Pink Floyd the division bell meats Radiohead ok computer

Back
Top Bottom