African Well Fund Launches Sixth Annual Bono's Birthday Well

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
bbw6banner.jpg

African Well Fund Launches Sixth Annual Bono's Birthday Well Fundraiser

The African Well Fund launched its sixth annual Bono's Birthday Well fundraiser on March 17th. Called "Walk to the Water... Walk with Me," the fundraiser aims to raise money in honor of Bono's May 10th birthday. Details of the project funded by this year's donations will be announced shortly.

Last year, over $34,000 was raised during the Bono's Birthday Well drive. Those funds were used toward projects at several schools in Uganda implemented in partnership with Invisible Children and Africare. These projects are currently underway.

To donate to Bono's Birthday Well, visit our fundraiser page. A virtual birthday card will be available for donors to send their wishes to Bono. The card will be sent to Bono via Principle Management. Donations will be accepted March 17th through May 10th.

If you would like to get involved in spreading the word on Bono's Birthday Well, flyers are available for download here. Images and avatars are also available to use on any of your Web sites or forums. You can also add African Well Fund to your MySpace or Facebook pages.

African Well Fund isn't tied to Bono in any official way. The organization was founded by fans influenced by Bono's good works in Africa and this fundraiser is held every year in his honor.

Yep this is the 6th year we've done it and each year we have been able to top the last year's donations total.
We've started the fundraiser a little earlier this year but it will still go on until May 10th, Bono's 48th bday.

octobergirl...will you be having the annual auction? And if so, will you be taking donations of u2 collectibles? I have so many doubles of items I would love to donate.

Val said:
octobergirl...will you be having the annual auction? And if so, will you be taking donations of u2 collectibles? I have so many doubles of items I would love to donate.

We are not doing an auction this year for Bono's birthday, but we will be doing an auction later on in the fall... We'll be releasing an official press release on Bono's Birthday project this year and the details soon. Donations are already being accepted now for this year's bday fundraiser :)

Please let us know when you will be taking donations of items for the Fall auction. I'm sure there are Interferencers who would be proud to donate. Thanks, Oktobergirl.

Back
Top Bottom