Aerosmith will cover U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm actually looking forward to this. I haven't listened to Aerosmith in years, but I used to be a big fan. They have some great albums.

Yessss!:drool: Like everyone else here, I would never have guessed Seconds, Do You Feel Loved?, with the "with my nails under your hide" line (but less of a dance beat) seems more their thing.

Let me be the first to say that I LOVE Aerosmith, but if you want a band 100x more lazy than U2.....its Aerosmith. All they care about now is $$$$

u2thewho said:
Yessss!:drool: Like everyone else here, I would never have guessed Seconds, Do You Feel Loved?, with the "with my nails under your hide" line (but less of a dance beat) seems more their thing.

Don't even joke about something that awesome. :combust:

Anyone else surprised that Aerosmith has even heard of Seconds?

As noted, an interesting choice... I don't know anything about Aerosmith beyond what I've heard on the radio, but I'm very curious about how this will sound.

weird choice...I like some of the Aerosmith's songs, but I can hardly imagine them playing their own version of Seconds..:huh: :ohmy:

I actually saw Aerosmith once (my ex-gf won tix off the radio), and I was surprised at how good they were. I mean, they're pretty old, but they still rocked. This was in the 90s sometime, and I wished they'd played a little more of their more classic stuff, but still good.

Shocked they chose Seconds, about the last song I'd expect anyone to cover in the U2 catalog, but I love it and I hope they do it justice.

CTU2fan said:
I actually saw Aerosmith once (my ex-gf won tix off the radio), and I was surprised at how good they were. I mean, they're pretty old, but they still rocked. This was in the 90s sometime, and I wished they'd played a little more of their more classic stuff, but still good.

Shocked they chose Seconds, about the last song I'd expect anyone to cover in the U2 catalog, but I love it and I hope they do it justice.
I'm going to go against the grain and say it's a fairly obvious choice for a hard rock band. Listening to Aerosmith's 70s stuff I think War material would be a perfect fit.

They've never had anything but good things to say about U2.

Ya'll need to hear what Joe Perry said about Kite :drool:

Goes to listen to "Uncle Salty" :drool:

I love Aerosmith and have seen them live a couple of times.
Can't wait to hear them covering U2.
And what did Joe Perry say about Kite?

I really, really dislike Aerosmith. I don't like them at all.

Dream on is a great song, and Perry likes my favorite U2 song. That's all the good I can find in them.

Back
Top Bottom