Advice!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2er

Refugee
I'm trying to convert 2 of my guy friends into fans..they both say U2 sucks. What's a good first album for them to listen to? One likes weird songs like the Space Jam song and the other likes the Offspring.
eek.gif
Any ideas?

------------------
"I think that Edge is the head of the band, I'm the heart, and Adam and Larry are the feet." - Bono, 1981

u2er@u2email.com

Originally posted by u2er:
I'm trying to convert 2 of my guy friends into fans..they both say U2 sucks. What's a good first album for them to listen to? One likes weird songs like the Space Jam song and the other likes the Offspring.
eek.gif
Any ideas?

Space Jam song... I assume you mean I Believe I Can Fly? Try Promenade, Heartland, Kite, and One Tree Hill.

Offspring... try Like A Song, Wire, God Pt 2, Mysterious Ways, and The Fly.

Good luck.

aww...but...there's always hope! lol.
It's not the flying song, it's the weird dancy Space Jam thing..I think it's actually called Space Jam.

------------------
"I think that Edge is the head of the band, I'm the heart, and Adam and Larry are the feet." - Bono, 1981

u2er@u2email.com

Actually for the person that likes Offspring, most people who like them really tend not to like U2 because they are so big and Offspring probably reached their peak 3 years ago and won't rebound like U2 can. I mean, they came out with a new album right around the same time ATYCLB came out, but you never hear anything about it.

You'll probably want to get the Space Jam guy into Pop... just a thought...

------------------
~*~?~*~ Katie ~*~?~*~
"Now America looks smart and, dare I say it, sexy again." ~ Bono, 2000

She is the dreamer
She's imagination

I converted my first person my telling them to buy the Best of cd and Achtung Baby. It worked.
smile.gif

------------------
"A word I've always liked more than happiness is joy. Happiness is a mood that comes and goes, whereas joy is just there." -Bono

The CIRCLE only has one side.

MESH RULES!!!!!
(thanks to Bono's American Wife)

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

Offspring has a song called Staring at the Sun, but it's kinda different from U2's version... your friend might get a kick out of the U2 song though.. who knows?

HMTMKMKM is often a good bet for nonfans liking

ACHTUNG BABY!!! If they like offspring then they musyt have liked Nirvana in their hey day so Achtung Baby is the most post modern alternative album they have made.

Originally posted by u2er:
aww...but...there's always hope! lol.
It's not the flying song, it's the weird dancy Space Jam thing..I think it's actually called Space Jam.

Not the flyer, but maybe the discothequer!
smile.gif

POP would be best for your poor friends I think
wink.gif

annalivia

------------------
"I'm a singer. You know what a singer is? Someone with a hole in his heart as big as his ego.
When you need 20,000 people screaming your name in order to feel good about your day,
you know you're a singer."

Bono's Harvard address, June 2001

i found the best way to convert ppl into liking u2- and i NEVER did this on purpose :rolleeys: was to play u2 cd's and videos CONSTANTLY when ur firneds are up, talk about the boys and one day theyll say i like u2 and its all ur fault....teehee i did that to 2 of my friends they started coming up and saying we saw the popmart video bla bla and then started humming and then singing to the u2 songs aaaaw its such a good feeling
smile.gif

Maybe MoFo, The Zooropa album(that ones good and weird), Achtung Baby, and the Elevation Tomb Raider track. Maybe the remix to EBTTRT too.
smile.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

Back
Top Bottom