Adobe Photoshop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hitman

Acrobat
OK, I am basically the anti-computer geek. Does anyone have any idea how I can post pics from Adobe Photoshop?????????

You are so smoking rocks.

You know you can only post pictures from a website.

You should really email me with all these questions yknow.. save you some time and save the board some space.

tongue.gif

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
You are so smoking rocks.

You know you can only post pictures from a website.

You should really email me with all these questions yknow.. save you some time and save the board some space.

tongue.gif

OOOOKKKKK.........

Since I don't have your email address, that would be tough......hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I had no idea you could only post pictures from a website. Too bad I don't have a website, I have some great pictures..........

Wow, there is no need to be so testy....

Your email address is at the top of every forum? Perhaps, maybe I haven't looked hard enough. Next time I wil email you....

I have some crazy ass East Coast schtufff that you need to try if you're ever on this side of the continent......

bluecap.gif

Hey, Sicy, if ya wanna save board space, I've got some ideas!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Originally posted by Hitman:
Ohhhhhhhhhhh inside jokes, eh?????

Me so sad

If you want to have an inside joke too, just let me know...we'll work something out.

------------------
"I don't know you,

Originally posted by doctorwho:
I think Bonochick was mocking Sicy's 6000+ posts.

Why would I mock my hero?
smile.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,

I know exactly what she was talking about and it isnt my posts.

I know, it was about how you turn into a green smiley face and lick yoouur lips, right??? OH.......and to break the tesnsion, , is ONE the greatest song ever or what????????
I mean seriously........
BIGsmile006.gif

Are you serious Clark?

Originally posted by Hitman:
OH.......and to break the tension, , is ONE the greatest song ever or what????????

No, it's crap!
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,

Adobe Photoshop is an image editing software package, that creates or modifies graphical files... Not send them over the Internet.

However!

Personally I prefer Paint Shop Pro because it can do heaps more than Photo Shop can. It has a "Send" feature in its "File" menu. Basically what that does is launch the default mail broswer and automatically adds the file you're sending as an attachment.

I'm amusing the latest versions of Photo Shop would have a similiar feature somewhere too - though you'd probably be better off attaching the files you want to send to an Email manually.

Okay -- having professionaly designed a few web pages in my time, I thiough I'd toss in my two cents here. Photoshop is a whole-lotta program -- most people can suffice just fine with something like PaintShop pro, or Photo Editor. Those are fine programs -- user friendly, and they accomplish the job just fine for most people.

Photoshop brings in a whole new level of manipulation (actions, eye candy, etc), unavilable on most standard, inexpensive image editing software. Of course, it costs more, takes up more of your system resources, and is more difficult to use, for most, so if you're not taking advantage of the advanced benefits that Photoshop offers, you'd probably be better off with something else.

That being said, you damn sure can make internet-ready images. They're not ready to go if you save them as photoshop .PST files, but save them as .GIFs, or .JPEGs, and you're golden (understanding the pros & cons among GIFs, TIFFs, JPEGs, and RGB or CMYK color is a whole other topic). You sound like you're starting out, but don't know much about what to do with Photoshop. See if you have access to Adobe Image-Ready. It's awesome software for compressing photoshop images to make them more web-friendly. It's very intuitive software, too -- you can even create/edit moving GIFs with it (as I remember).

Overall, the best & most user friendly software suite for designing images and posting them to the internet is Adobe Dreamweaver and Fireworks. Dreamweaver is the internet webpage design and publishing utility. Fireworks is the editor/compressor. A great combo by anyone's standards. It's been a while since I've used any of that software, though.

So, to answer your question, you cannot publish ("post") to the internet with Adobe. Adobe is an image editor -- not a web page designer or publisher. You can bosk via html, ftp, or through a variety of software packages, such as Dreamweaver, or the user-friendly Microsoft FrontPage. Sorry for the long explanation. Hope this helps.

Originally posted by odonnela:
Okay -- having professionaly designed a few web pages in my time, I thiough I'd toss in my two cents here. Photoshop is a whole-lotta program -- most people can suffice just fine with something like PaintShop pro, or Photo Editor. Those are fine programs -- user friendly, and they accomplish the job just fine for most people.

Photoshop brings in a whole new level of manipulation (actions, eye candy, etc), unavilable on most standard, inexpensive image editing software. Of course, it costs more, takes up more of your system resources, and is more difficult to use, for most, so if you're not taking advantage of the advanced benefits that Photoshop offers, you'd probably be better off with something else.

That being said, you damn sure can make internet-ready images. They're not ready to go if you save them as photoshop .PST files, but save them as .GIFs, or .JPEGs, and you're golden (understanding the pros & cons among GIFs, TIFFs, JPEGs, and RGB or CMYK color is a whole other topic). You sound like you're starting out, but don't know much about what to do with Photoshop. See if you have access to Adobe Image-Ready. It's awesome software for compressing photoshop images to make them more web-friendly. It's very intuitive software, too -- you can even create/edit moving GIFs with it (as I remember).

Overall, the best & most user friendly software suite for designing images and posting them to the internet is Adobe Dreamweaver and Fireworks. Dreamweaver is the internet webpage design and publishing utility. Fireworks is the editor/compressor. A great combo by anyone's standards. It's been a while since I've used any of that software, though.

So, to answer your question, you cannot publish ("post") to the internet with Adobe. Adobe is an image editor -- not a web page designer or publisher. You can bosk via html, ftp, or through a variety of software packages, such as Dreamweaver, or the user-friendly Microsoft FrontPage. Sorry for the long explanation. Hope this helps.

I have a qualification in multimedia media too. When I was learning,they made us use Photo Shop on a Mac... So I've had professional training on how to use Photo Shop.

Despite it being industry standard sofware, I still prefer Paint Shop Pro. In my opinion, at about version 6 PSP caught upto Photo Shop and over took it.

PSP supports all the Photo Shop pluggins, and comes with more than what Photo Shop does (plus they are heaps more configurable as well).

PSP also has a wizard for exporting graphics (to .JPG or .GIF or .PNG) as by default it saves it in its native .PSP format - so your image retains all the layer, vector, alpha, mask, etc information as well.

That way PSP can dertime your needs for you by asking you several questions, or if you know what you're doing you can go and specify exactly what you want.

Meanwhile... Photo Editor has nowhere near the features that PSP7 has.

But that's my opinion. And I don't have much professional experience yet as I'm only just starting.

from question to bickering to even sillier(is that even a word? and if so surely this isn't the spelling) bickering to image editing software comparison.
wicked thread hitman.

------------------
bottom line: U2 rules.

lol so true kobeson.
karate.gif

Photoshop drives me nuts. I havent had it long and I can only draw on pictures and resize them. I wish I could figure out how to do all that other neat stuff..

lol so true kobeson.
karate.gif

Photoshop drives me nuts. I havent had it long and I can only draw on pictures and resize them. I wish I could figure out how to do all that other neat stuff..

Photoshop drives me nuts too. Especially on a Mac with their cumbersome interface.
But bascially once ya use one graphic packages, the rest are the same. They all work similiar, but the stuff is in different places. Except for that Microsoft Picture It thingy...

Sicy-- all you have to do is take a photo and just go crazy on Photoshop. Its so much fun. Of course, I don't know why I would ever need to make a photo look like a colored pencil drawing or distorted through glass blocks but eh, whatever.

On a side note, what's so great about using Macs for design? I have Photoshop and Quark on my PC and it works just fine.

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

Well I do go crazy, but I cant figure out how to like take the head off one picture and put it on another.. things like that.

But I learn by experimenting so I'm sure I'll learn sooner or later.

Well I do go crazy, but I cant figure out how to like take the head off one picture and put it on another.. things like that.

But I learn by experimenting so I'm sure I'll learn sooner or later.

Heres a quick way to do it.

1. have both image windows open - the one your going to cut and paste to and from

2. use the any selection marquee around the portion you want to remove - such as the lasso, square marquees or pen tool

3. (selection should have the dotted line pattern around it) Drag that portion with the V-move "black arrow its on the top right of the tool palette" onto the next window or just copy the selection and paste it onto the next window

4. it will become a new layer - you can discard the one you copied from now

5. now you can move the image "head" around to fit the new composition

6. there are different ways to scale the head to fit the porportion and to clean it up but thats a differnt lesson for next week - just hold down Command+T to get a quick result

Have fun! next week I'll also discuss "RGB vs CMYK: Which is the right color profile for you"

Back
Top Bottom