Adios U2! This is my farewell.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flameandthefire

The Fly
Adios U2! I found you in 1992 and now, in 2008 I want to thank you for giving me many years of excitement, comfort and joy when I was growing up. I collected all your albums in vinyl and CD formats plus many, many singles and EPs.

I used to play New Year's Day loudly in my apartment on new years eves many many years, sometimes alone, sometimes with friends and always drunk and we used to stare at the black starry sky and the fireworks.

I got comfort from Acrobat when I was down. I got comfort from One when I had a bad relationship. A lot of good memories..

It's time to move on. I'm a family man now with two kids. Life is so busy now that I feel it has become time to say goodbye. I won't be playing New Year's Day again with my friends on new year eves, I won't be getting drunk listening to U2 now. It's all in the past now..

With tears in my eyes I have to say Goodbye U2! Maybe I'll rediscover you 10 - 15 years later when kids have grown up and moved out. I'll keep the albums.

mate, what are you talking about. you have had kids not a lobotomy! If your life is too busy to have a soundtrack then IMO you need to re-evaluate.

But seeing as you've already "left being a fan" then I doubt you'll have time to respond or even read this

:wave:

U2isthebest said:
Because of their deep distress over this thread, U2 has announced they're breaking up. :sad:

ohnoes.jpg

that post was weird. like sicy, i don't get it. doesn't he drive to work? he can listen to music then......

Back
Top Bottom