Adios U2! This is my farewell.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dude..

If kids = No more U2...

then I think the family bloodline is gonna die with me. :laugh:

You should seriously re-consider man..

I mean it's quite a...unnecessary decision.

flameandthefire said:
It's time to move on. I'm a family man now with two kids. Life is so busy now that I feel it has become time to say goodbye. I won't be playing New Year's Day again with my friends on new year eves, I won't be getting drunk listening to U2 now. It's all in the past now..

With tears in my eyes I have to say Goodbye U2! Maybe I'll rediscover you 10 - 15 years later when kids have grown up and moved out. I'll keep the albums.

see kids... another reason of why you shouldn't get married and have kids

Headache in a Suitcase said:
everytime a bell rings bono eats an african baby

my GOD your sig is awesome.

I don't know if there's something in the air in this particular areas of the internet, but the amount of leavings that are going on seems to me to be well above the statistics laid down by society for our guidance.

martha said:

But if he's on fire, the tears will put out the fire. :sad:

Then the new album will suck.

Such is the distress within U2. Breaking news is…………..

The Edge is no longer on Fire :huh: Larry broke into a smile :ohmy: Adam is so depressed he is selling his spoon collection, and Bono has been frantically re-learning "I Will Follow" :wink:

It's all gone horribly wrong :huh:

Didn't Bono say he's enjoying the fact that a lot of people are making babies to U2's music?

:no:

Very wrong, man, you should sing about contraception in the future. Otherwise no more fans will be left to make babies to your music.

I am actually looking forward to have children so that I can "teach" them U2!!:yes:

p.s. and I am going to do it in Italian so that my non-fan husband can't understand and cannot protest. mwhahahahaha :evil:

Last edited:
Sharing U2 with my kids can be an absolute joy. I recently taught my 5year old son who is taking guitar lessons to play his favourite song "Beautiful Day" on one string. He showed his teacher at his next lesson, and she made him perform it for his class. I was never prouder.

He may not be a U2 fan forever, but right now I consider sharing U2 with my kids to be a gift that I am passing on!

flameandthefire said:
Adios U2! I found you in 1992 and now, in 2008 I want to thank you for giving me many years of excitement, comfort and joy when I was growing up. I collected all your albums in vinyl and CD formats plus many, many singles and EPs.

I used to play New Year's Day loudly in my apartment on new years eves many many years, sometimes alone, sometimes with friends and always drunk and we used to stare at the black starry sky and the fireworks.

I got comfort from Acrobat when I was down. I got comfort from One when I had a bad relationship. A lot of good memories..

It's time to move on. I'm a family man now with two kids. Life is so busy now that I feel it has become time to say goodbye. I won't be playing New Year's Day again with my friends on new year eves, I won't be getting drunk listening to U2 now. It's all in the past now..

With tears in my eyes I have to say Goodbye U2! Maybe I'll rediscover you 10 - 15 years later when kids have grown up and moved out. I'll keep the albums.

So what's the best way to brainwash the kids? So far, my kids are only into SBS because it has the word "bloody" in it. Oh, and the 'Elevation' video because of the flying firetruck and elephant. Wtf is an elephant doing in NYC anyway?

Diemen said:

:up:

The best thing to ever come to Sesame Street.

actually... no

url

MandyMarie said:
So what's the best way to brainwash the kids? So far, my kids are only into SBS because it has the word "bloody" in it. Oh, and the 'Elevation' video because of the flying firetruck and elephant. Wtf is an elephant doing in NYC anyway?

:scratch: Elephant? I always thought it was a giraffe!

I'm sure they'll like Mofo too.. well, the live versions tho :wink:

Back
Top Bottom