Addicted to GONE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iheartlemon

Babyface
I must admit that I have a serious addiction to GONE. I heard it one day a little over a month ago on the Best Of and it's been stuck in my head ever since. I then purchased a copy of Pop, then just downloaded a live version yesterday from iTunes. I cannot get this song out of my head, nor can I get tired of it at all. According to my iTunes play counts, I've heard all three versions combined a total 67 times in the past month or so.

Anyone else ever have a similar issue with another song?

"New Year's Day" ... it's the first U2 song that I ever heard, after
one listen and I was hooked to U2 ... absolutely love this song !!
It's truly one of their classics !! :drool: ... :applaud:

It was "Gone" for me too a couple weeks ago. Now it's The Fly. I'm sure I'll work my way to something else before too long. So many choices!

For me it was Staring at the Sun..My first ever addiction to U2 I played this song Over and over again Great SONG!

I was am still am addicted to gone, but my addiction has moved to only live versions. I will usually find a couple minutes every day to listen to gone at least once.

Gone is amazing! Bono has always said that song is their reason for playing live yet they haven't played it on this tour yet:(

Gone is not nearly amazing.
Gone is absolutely amazing.
Fucking beautiful, just lovely.
I was wondering if Bono lost his inspiration after it.
Gone:drool:
Not coming down.
Anyone who dislikes it should have his/hers head checked

I'm sure glad I'm not the only one who finds it to be an amazing song. I always thought it was one of U2's underrated songs. I saw the other day that the Best Of mix is currently 576 out of 584 on U2's top downloaded songs on iTunes. That still seems to bother me though.

i used to really dislike it for some reason.... i have no idea why. love it now though. it's weird how that happens.

gone is a bitter'sweet' song..
in it bono's voice is pretty sweet:cool:

I'm not addicted to Gone at the moment, but Gone is no doubt an amazing song, and I'm sure I was addicted to it at one point... I mean I was addicted to the entire Pop album for at least a year of my life. I was listening to Gone last night, and everything about that song is incredible. Bono's vocal delivery is heavenly and the lyrics are some of his best, very revealing... there aren't many other U2 songs that are as open and honest as Gone...Mercy is another one, which is one of the reasons I love it so much, but back to Gone - the soaring guitar, that BASSLINE, the drums, the piano, all of it...I love that song! I especially love the bridge when those fuzzy drums kick in... "you're taking steps that make you feel dizzy..."

Oi. I LOVE GONE! Play it on the third leg of the tour, boys! Or just play the entire Pop album, then I'll be happy!! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom