Adam's hangover.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phil4108

Babyface
I know Adam had a monumental hangover on the penultimate night of the ZooTV tour and could'nt perform .But does anybody know anymore details?

If you have access to the "Orange Bible" as some people call it - the book titled "U2 At The End of the World," the author, Bill Flanagan was able to interview the band about it and get more details. :)

U2luv said:
new book? which one?

:wave: I think she's talking about the new Bono biography by Laura Jackson. I saw it at Barnes & Noble last week but didn't get it. I really want to buy it but I'm afraid if I do, my schoolwork will suffer badly. I'm trying to show constraint but I don't think I can wait until the end of the semester. :no:

brdemi said:

:wave: I think she's talking about the new Bono biography by Laura Jackson. I saw it at Barnes & Noble last week but didn't get it. I really want to buy it but I'm afraid if I do, my schoolwork will suffer badly. I'm trying to show constraint but I don't think I can wait until the end of the semester. :no:

Oh ok, I've hear about that book, not very good reviews from what I understand though I could be wrong. Has anyone readit? How is it?

U2luv said:

Oh ok, I've hear about that book, not very good reviews from what I understand though I could be wrong. Has anyone readit? How is it?

The name of the book is Bono.
His Life, Music, and Passions
By Laura Jackson
I'm half way through reading the book and mostly everything in it , is stuff I already know about Bono, but all & all it's an ok book about him. :bono:

verte76 said:
I read 1996, but the point is that he's been sober for years.

Verte's right--the point IS that Adam's been sober for years. He's so committed to sobriety that he still has expensive wine at his home and he doesn't drink it--he serves it to the other guys when they're visiting his house!

As the conversation in the U2 Global Chat (Nov. 1, '02) went:

EDGE: ...Adam doesn't go out doing the dinner thing as much as the others.

BONO: He brings you around to his house, and he kills the fatted calf.

EDGE: Yes, he's more, I'll bring you up to my house and show you a nice time.

BONO: It's an incredible thing, because Adam since he's given up drinking, he still, if you go to his house, he brings out the absolute finest wines, the most ridiculous, over the top expensive wines. And just seems to get a laugh out of us drinking them, and probably being stupid afterwards. Maybe that's what he's laughing at.

JO WHILEY: Is that right, Adam?

ADAM CLAYTON: Not at all. I guess I was very ambitious when I bought it, so somebody has to drink it.
________
Now THAT's willpower!!! And it's one of the reasons I've grown to admire this man so much, along with his kindness to the fans, loyality to his friends and yes, his good looks!

:adam: :hug:

U2luv said:

Well, it is not great... she doesn't talk about anything I didn't know before but it is ok :shrug:

verte76 said:
I read 1996, but the point is that he's been sober for years.

indeed... why do you think he did the last speech at the grammys last year? Cos he was the only one who could form coherant sentances :sexywink:

Kristie said:

indeed... why do you think he did the last speech at the grammys last year? Cos he was the only one who could form coherant sentances :sexywink:

:scratch:

the show adam missed was 1993-11-26 Sydney, which is the night before , the 2nd show was filmed.

i have the bootleg, its not the greatest quality, but its interesting,
bono does make mention that adams missing and "stuart" is filling in

Re. Bono book

U2luv said:

Don't waste your money...it contains a lot of factual errors. For example...

- it says Larry is married. lol
- in the Discography section, all of the singles before Fire are missing. wtf? :huh: :eyebrow:

There are others; I don't have the book with me now but I can tell you there are more.

at the grammy awards? not the most recent ones, the ones before then.
Lanois confessed they had vodka instead of water in their water bottles... watch the interview after the show, it's fairly obvious.

Kristie said:
at the grammy awards? not the most recent ones, the ones before then.
Lanois confessed they had vodka instead of water in their water bottles... watch the interview after the show, it's fairly obvious.

:ohmy: no way...

:lmao: that's...that's great!

well that would make sense then why there's that photoshop with the vodka bottles :lol: and perhaps why edge's eyes looked bloodshot...

*literally falls on the ground laughing*

brdemi said:

I just got that book! It's excellent. It's got everything you could possibly want to know about Bono. I definitely recommend it!!

:wave:

carey02 said:

I just got that book! It's excellent. It's got everything you could possibly want to know about Bono. I definitely recommend it!!

:wave:

Good God, no way. That book has a lot of mistakes. :no: :no: :der:

Back
Top Bottom