Adam Today: Vertigo Milan Likely Canceled and Popmart DVD in the works

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Man said:
What do they have to release this Christmas?

Well, we just had ZooTV released. They're not about to release two DVDs in two months.

That was an autumn release. They have to release something in November/December too, for the Christmas sales. :drool:

If this was all true...

Great news about Popmart! :hyper:

Bad news about Milan. :(

I think it's all about what mood one is in. Dare I say, sometimes I prefer Vertigo to Popmart. I'm scaring myself now.

2morrow said:

CAN anybody really complain about a Popmart dvd? :drool: x10

I'm the first in the list who don't want Popmart Mexico on DVD :(

Damn it, U2 performed MUCH BETTER concerts on that overlooked tour, and there're hours and hours of footage :drool: :drool: :drool:

U2 Popmart Mexico VHS was crap, the concert itself was crap, the reviews were bad and the sales were like s*** ... so why keep doing with that lame show on DVD? :coocoo:

Or is that the producers and engineers don't want to work hard in a previously unreleased concert? :eyebrow: It's a very predictable, comfortable and lazy move to release nothing but previously released VHS. Even a good VHS - DVD transfer can be made by fans !!, so who need those lazy fat people behind U2? :censored:

If I were them, I'd suggest the band to work in something fans have never had before ... but that need work to do, and they don't want to move their asses at all. Just a fairly decent VHS - DVD transfer with a couple of short extras as fish hook and then go for the bucks and disappear

Why not the long awaited Lovetown Tour DVD instead?
Why not an UF Tour DVD instead?
Why not a DVD from the early years 1980 - 1982?
Why not a full Joshua Tree concert DVD?
Why not a Zoo TV 1992 DVD?

Who the hell is the people who work for U2?. Do they have people who suggest them new ideas? :(

damn i never thought id see the day where people would complain about a popmart dvd....considering everyone is popmart Coo-Coo on this forum :huh:

but as someone else stated, popmart most likely had a ton of pro-shot concerts...how about serajevo, tel aviv, i hear johanesburg was an amazing show, maybe leeds?

from what i gather all of these were great, some of them must have been pro-shot :drool:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
perhaps they're holding/canceling the milan dvd because they want to record the final show in hawaii instead? :shrug:
that be nice , but recording 2 vertigo shows in America ...:eyebrow:

Im all in favour of having the Best of vertigo tour DVD.

What shows were filmed ?

Then we can add croke to the collection

Dammit I'm really happy , really really that popmart is on the way , but like someone said at the expense or Vertigo ?

This feels like just , u are about to make love with the girl u like , but ur family goes against the whole relations. ???? Man that's nasty

I WANT MILAN DVD , Damn I could list 100 reasons for it ........

- OOTS , EDGE PLAYING GUITAR ON IT :drool: Plus Orchestra
- A u2 DVD ending with the 1st same song
- Miss Sarajevo in Italy .......
- Italians are a fantastic crowd
- I will follow and electric Co back together after tons of years .........

And so many others

That Hurt's

AND WE CAN'T ACCEPT THIS

J_NP said:
Dammit I'm really happy , really really that popmart is on the way , but like someone said at the expense or Vertigo ?

I don't think it's at the expense of a Popmart DVD.
If anything, it's at the expense of the IMAX release, which will probably be released on DVD after its theater run.

Zootlesque said:

the rest of the world!

Really? Why? Why should the rest of the world care where the dvds are filmed. I don't give a crap where they're filmed as long as they're good shows. I live in Canada and it makes no difference to me if the shows are filmed in mexico, Boston, Milan, London, Sydney, Toronto, Hawaii, Rio or whereever. it doesn't matter.

Aygo said:
It could be cool to have the Buenos Aires DVD with an extra disc with Milan highlights between others...

It would be fantastic Milan on D 1 , and BA high on Bonus

I can't believe that they wouldn't eventually release a show an IMAX recorded show OR that they'd release 3 DVD from the same tour.

So I think it was inevitable that Milano would be dropped unless it was included as bonus material.

Q - Would IMAX have to be released on a HD-DVD format? If so then these players aren't even on sale yet in the UK. IMO they'd have to leave it off the shelves for a few years until a market develops.

:hmm: What if they're releasing that IMAX thingie from S. America instead?

I remember reading the band/Wille Williams weren't happy with Milan footage...

But Buenos Aires didn't have the bigger stage and the extra lights (and more) that Milan had. I think Milan will be out sooner or later. If they release Buenos Aires or some old PopMart show, it should definitely be on a bonus disc.´

Anyway, I think Milan will be out sooner or later. Don't rely too much on these statements from Adam/fans. If we did that, we should all count on an album release in a couple of months ;)

If this is true all I can say is...typical U2. Why give fans some new footage when we can just convert some old vhs show to dvd & re-release it.

Has anyone noticed the new marketing ploy among crap pop artists is to re-release their albums as "platinum edition" or some shit, adding 1-2 songs...the latest in fan screwing. Can HTDAAB Platinum be far behind? This is nothing new...I miss the old U2. Remember real b-sides? Now we get remixes :( Damn

CTU2fan said:
If this is true all I can say is...typical U2. Why give fans some new footage when we can just convert some old vhs show to dvd & re-release it.

Has anyone noticed the new marketing ploy among crap pop artists is to re-release their albums as "platinum edition" or some shit, adding 1-2 songs...the latest in fan screwing. Can HTDAAB Platinum be far behind? This is nothing new...I miss the old U2. Remember real b-sides? Now we get remixes :( Damn

I remember:(

vaz02 said:
Im all in favour of having the Best of vertigo tour DVD.

What shows were filmed ?

I don't know about the other legs, but all I can say is that EVERY SINGLE gig in Latin America was filmed (Mexico, Brasil, Chile & Argentina) :drool: :drool: :drool:

so from that leg alone you have many stuff to choose from :up:

but ...

Don't forget something:

EVERY SINGLE gig on the PopMart 4th Leg was filmed as well :heart: so you have even more stuff to choose from (Brasil, Argentina, Chile, Australia, Japan & South Africa).

:wave:

As much as I want it, hopefully it's going to be a wait for it, not that it's cancelled completely. Remember Slane wasn't released for awhile after it was shot to distance itself from the Boston DVD. We shall see...

Back
Top Bottom