Adam says a new record is due in 2003... and a tour!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Popmartijn

Blue Crack Supplier
Hello,

I just read this at http://www.u2log.com:
On the New Year's Eve show, Byrne and the Clayton chatted about Clayton's recent trip to Nepal and what's in store for U2 in 2003.

"We're doing another record, and we'll be doing another tour," Clayton confirmed.

A new record and tour? Cool! And 2003 has just begun!

C ya!

Marty

Thats the best news Ive heard all year ;) A new album and new tour - awesome

My News Years resolution is now to see U2 play live as many times as possible..

thats a cool looking Harley btw , Imagine owning that, I wonder how much it goes for? Its up to 1000 euro

well that would be nice, but i still wont believe it till its finalized for good.

they always take forever in the studio. not that its a bad thing necessarily, but its no secret they like to get cozy with the sound equipment.

He never said the tour would be in 2003. He said a new album and tour to follow. This really isnt any revelation since Edge basically indicated that most likely the album would arrive late summer or fall. The tour probebly wont happen until 2004 in that scenario. Although they may do some club dates like they did for ATYCLB in 2003. I highly doubdt we will see full fledge U2 on the road in 2003, and if so, it will the very end of 2003.

Blue Room said:
He never said the tour would be in 2003. He said a new album and tour to follow. This really isnt any revelation since Edge basically indicated that most likely the album would arrive late summer or fall. The tour probebly wont happen until 2004 in that scenario. Although they may do some club dates like they did for ATYCLB in 2003. I highly doubdt we will see full fledge U2 on the road in 2003, and if so, it will the very end of 2003.

Sounds good to me! I think it's unrealistic to expect a tour until the spring of 2004. A new album this year would satisfy me until the tour.

Muad'zin said:
A 2004 tour would suit me just fine, it leaves 2003 free for me to do other 'things'.

yeah, like open a new savings account and get a new job in order to finance my presence at such a tour.....

i haven't seen them yet and i'm kinda glad that it won't be til next year cause i can only afford one tour/year. this year.......REM!!!!!

i remember reading last year that bono was going to be in dublin with the rest of the band and that they would get to recording early in the new year.

so who knows i guess. if theyre making a raw rock record like they always say, there should be very little need to stay in the studio for too long.

With Pearl Jam expected to tour, Springsteen rumored to be expanding his tour into the summer, and the funniest man alive Chris Rock making the rounds... i can look at this in one of two ways... a) it would be nice if U2 didn't tour till 2004, as expected, so I'll be able to actually save a little bit of money this year... or b) i'm gonna have one hell of a summer if they do... so whatever works is fine with me

New album and new tour by 2003? Adam is lying or he is disillusioned. U2 aren't fast enough to come up with either a new album or tour this year. They are getting old and Bono's getting too busy saving the world.

Cheers,

J
The King Of POP

ummmm, I say new album november 2003.
tour beginning april 2004.

jick said:
New album and new tour by 2003? Adam is lying or he is disillusioned. U2 aren't fast enough to come up with either a new album or tour this year. They are getting old and Bono's getting too busy saving the world.

Cheers,

J
The King Of POP
J, you really do need to read more carefully. Adam didn't say they'd be doing a new tour in 2003. He simply said they'd be doing a new album and then another tour. Even you must know it's impossible to do both at the same time. What's in store for U2 in 2003? "We are [presently] doing another record, and we will be doing another tour [sometime after the record is completed, who know when...].

Back
Top Bottom