Adam Curry interviews Bono and Adam 1987

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that is the strangest or most cringeworthy interview i have ever seen with U2. It like they didnt like the guy or something. Adam couldnt wait to get away from him.Am pretty sure Bono was out of it too. You can see it at the end when he stumbles and is struggling for words.

Yeah, but there was more regarding this interview:

The interview got worse when Adam Curry out of the blue asked: "well, Bono, how's your love-life?"

Bono then replied to Curry: "how long do I know you?"
Then Curry threw in a smart-ass remark: I don't know, but I never kiss on a first date.."

Then Bono replied: well, at such question I think I'll take my leave!" and walked away annoyed...

Does anyone remember this part and knows where I can find it? It's a classic!

Maybe the "cover" was the taped intro of John Lennon's "Stand by Me" version that was played just before Where the Streets Have No Name actually opened the show on the Joshua Tree tour. Adam Curry probably saw this written down on the set list they were about to perform and wrongly assumed that they were going to play it.

The interview does look a little tense. But who really would have the patience for these questions when you're about to take the stage before probably 60,000 people to do a two hour show?

Knuckle said:
Maybe the "cover" was the taped intro of John Lennon's "Stand by Me" version that was played just before Where the Streets Have No Name actually opened the show on the Joshua Tree tour. Adam Curry probably saw this written down on the set list they were about to perform and wrongly assumed that they were going to play it.

Actually, sometimes the band would come out and play to Stand By Me, and at this particular show, they did indeed open the concert with it. Streets wasn't even performed at the show. The setlist: http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/show568.html

So Curry didn't "wrongly assume" anything - he was actually quite right.

Indeed you are right yet again Axver. The Josh Tree show in edinburgh in 87 they come on stage to (and indeed proceeded to play) stand by me. Then went on to eddie Cochran's C'mon Everybody if i remember rightly.

KUEFC09U2 said:
wow bono looks so nervous, lol@ "how do you know where starting with a cover"

I'd say that Bono was pissed. If that camera wasn't there. POP in the kisser!!!

Back
Top Bottom