Adam Clayton's braces are causing his lisp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LyricalDrug

Rock n' Roll Doggie
[Warning: this post is PLEBA-esque]

I noticed recently that Adam Clayton speaks with a slight lisp/slur these days. It was pretty strong when he took the mic at the Grammys last week, for example.

Then I realized that lately he's been wearing braces on his lower teeth. These must be the cause of it!

If this doesn't qualify me as an obsessive-compulsive U2 fan, then I don't know what does. :wink:

I did notice a slight lisp when I heard him speak at the R&R Hall of Fame speech. I thought maybe I just never noticed before so went back and watched some videos I have where he speaks, no lisp.

Hmm, now I really don't want to get braces, aside from the cost of getting them. :p Though it's nice I have the option of getting clear ones these days.

Adam's always had a very slight, charming lisp. At least as far back as Rattle & Hum.

I honestly thought Bono had been into the wodka or something. He seemed kind of out of it, rambling and slurred a lot of his speech.

I know he's ususlly the first two, but it was moreso than usual :D

:drool: Adam lisp ...
I am sorry ladies . But everything Adam does is sexy to me. If you told me Adam eats grasshopper salad for lunch and you saw some of it stuck in his teeth I would say"that's hot".

I need help:sigh:

Why am I not surprised to see you in here Carmel? ;)

To thrillme who said about getting braces - they're really not that bad, honest! I don't think Adam's have been causing him to lisp, at least if he does it's not noticable to me at all. I had them for about 18 months and I'm really glad now that I did! So just to say, if you are not sure, I'd say go for it if you do need them. ;)

To Thrillme, Ive had the clear braces for about 2 months now. They really arent bad. Plus, no one can see them.

I had braces for four years and I never had a lisp... they made me not be able to whistle, though.

I got the clear braces thing as a retainer and I hated them... but after a few months I chomped right through it in the night and that was it for those.

Man, who cares if Adam has a lisp or not? I hate Interference when there's no new U2 material to talk about.

You're on to something there. :hmm: I wouldn't even come here anymore if it weren't for the drama.

i'm gonna have to rewind my grammytape and see what this drunkeness claim is about...i just didn't catch slurring. i love an excuse to watch it again! they didn't seem fun-drunk to me, maybe a little tranquilized though, oddly calmed?
I might want to get braces...i'm getting bugged by crowding for some damn reason as i get to be old, jeez what a pain. maybe i'll develop a sexy speech mannerism too then?
cheers!

shart1780 said:

No... I just have a little lisp.

I like lisps. Especially small ones, they can be very endearing. That said, I don't really see the need to discuss them. This always happens during U2 "downtime."

(My previous comment was directed more at the original post than at you. :wink: )

Back
Top Bottom