Adam appeciation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

z edge

I serve MacPhisto
"the POSHest member of U2"

The bassline says it all, no rhythm will ever sound the same to me.

Adam F*$@%&# ROCKS!

Bono usually gets all the PR, and The Edge hits "icebergs in my life" with "Edgenoize"
' Larry looks like me
wink.gif
, and Adam Clayton is oft overlooked.

In Atlanta, I tried to get in front of as many of the band members as possible, in my quest to "how to get noticed by U2", if you all can remember back to that thread a year ago by me
smile.gif
I shook Bono's hand and had plenty of "blue eye to brown eye time" with B-man. I got Edge's attention alot too, and got the nods and smiles from him, him ringing his bells and all. And I got in front of Adam, and got everybody around me chanting "ADAM ADAM ADAM ADAM...." on the count of three. He gave us his little smile and "nose in the air" embarassed grin so we knew he could hear us.

In Austin Tx; nov 05, Like 02 grabbed me and said to look at him (ADAM) he is the coolest MOFO on the planet (or something like that ). She was right. I looked at Adam, then turned around behind me and there was Gwen Stefani and Tony Kanal jamming their approval. Tony was checking out Adam with admiration, while Gwen was totally getting into "one love, one life..."

I love it and miss it so much. ANd I feel for those in Europe and elsewhere who missed it and will miss this summer.

Anyway, Adam Clayton is a STUD, and a great guy/bassman
cool.gif

Thanx you Adam!

Originally posted by z edge:

Adam F*$@%&# ROCKS!

You said it all right there, man. There is simply not a cooler man alive than Adam Clayton. He just oozes confidence, sexiness and style. Plus, he's got a great sense of humour. Oh, yeah, and he plays the bass pretty well, too
cool.gif

I was lucky enough to shake hands with him after the St. Louis concert and all I could think was "I am physically touching the coolest man on the planet."

God, I love him.

------------------
PLEABrew: the official language of PLEBAnation

Drugs are garbage...just REFUSE.

SLAP MAH FRO!

I'll agree with you wholeheartedly in the spirit of this thread, z edge! ADAM ROCKS!

Elevation was my first substantial U2 concert experience. (I saw one Popmart show from a seat in the stands.) When I think back on it, I remember Adam more than anything else. The two times I was in the heart I wound up either in front of him directly, or in front of Bono a bit closer to Adam's side. Both of those times you could really see him interacting with the fans. You have not lived until you've been grinned at by Lord Clayton.
wink.gif

In Detroit I was lucky enough to meet Adam and speak to him for a minute or two. It was the most contact I've had with a member of U2 and I'll never forget that. He didn't have to come over to us -- he had come out alone for a cigarette -- but he did.

Of course, aside from all of that, how can you not appreciate a man who feeds random dogs from Paul McGuinness's dinner plate, doesn't think men should be forced to wear pants when it's not cold, and wishes he were a giraffe? That's right. You have to appreciate him.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Adam's in his world, lost to the music. You've probably never seen a happier person in your life."
~BP Fallon

"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
~Andrew Jackson

~~S&C~~

Glad ya'all agree! I was in the fan line waiting for autographs and Adam got the closest to Achtung Bebe and I and he was so cool. We didn't actually get his autopgraph because they all left, but he was so close that we could touch him. He seemed shy and meek, but the bass speaks for itself!
cool.gif

Yay!!!
biggrin.gif

Love Adam, he seems like the sweetest member of the band, very friendly and cool.
cool.gif
I remember hearing stories about him offering a piece of his gum to a fan, and I love the quote from Q magazine about watching other people exercise. And he smiled at me twice in Chicago...*sighs*

Sicy and I almost got to shake his hand in Vegas after the show, but we were too far away. By the time we got up there, he was leaving the stage.

------------------
I hear voices, ridiculous voices

as posted by z edge:

"Anyway, Adam Clayton is a STUD, and a great guy/bassman"

3339634723232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E7%3C2%3E937%3Ewsnrcg%3D323238%3A87475%3Anu0mrj

the f@$%ing bass player's got it! wooo hoo!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxo

(thanks for the pic, jason!)

------------------
"life should be fragrant; rooftop to the basement". Peace, U2 lovers ...from AdamGrrl

LOL at "Lord Clayton"!

I forgot about eebz's little "Adam obsession",
biggrin.gif

And PoP"Angel", thats too bad you and Sicy didn't get to shake his hand. I bet he left the stage because he was overwhelmed by the combined knockout beauty of you two, and he was a little intimidated by it
wink.gif

"Once you go Adam, you never go back..."

biggrin.gif

I love that man- he is totally amazing. He completely elevated my first Elevation experience in Boston. I'll never forget looking up and seeing him watch me as I listened to the music, and how he smiled and blushed when I blew him a kiss! LOL! I just love his confidence and coolness and what a gentleman he is.. I made him a tiny little sign and he was soooo blissed out happy smiling every time he saw it and at the end of the show he made eye contact with me so I handed it to him and I was just a weepy happy freaking out mess.
icon35.gif
how he interacts with the fans when he's on stage is just wonderful.

plus when he plays WOWY or other bass heavy songs *diesssss*

hey zedge and all you Adam lovers, you should come join our weekly RSOC (which is an adam-lovers) club every tuesday in Pleba! Lots of fun and Adam talk!

------------------
Eyes in a moon of blindness

* U2 Take Me Higher *
The Macphisto Society

PREACH IT!
'sall
wink.gif

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
"It never ceases to amaze me. Here, we have a man who claims professes to enjoy flower arranging, has no qualms over donning a skirt at any given time and, now we learn, prefers to use the ladies' restroom. And yet somehow he manages to embody all that is masculine and sexy. I don't know how he does it. " ~Hallelujah Here She Comes, about Adam

One of my favorite Adam quotes:

"I simulate love-making by beating a piece of wood with a metal wire on which it vibrates."

------------------
I miss the innocence I've known
Playin' KISS covers beautiful and stoned

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
Aww, z babes, you are too sweet!
smile.gif
*plants a big smooch on z*
wink.gif

Why thank you
redface.gif

I thought it was time to appreciate Adam since there were crazy rumors flying around not to long ago.

Adam rules!

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
I remember hearing stories about him offering a piece of his gum to a fan,

he offered it to a friend of mine. He was so sweet. He came out of the studio and just walked over to her. She was too shy at first to approach him, but he was very nice, smiled and asked her if there was anything he could do for her *sigh

Adam f%&$%#g rocks!!!

check out my sig
biggrin.gif

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Originally posted by z edge:
Why thank you
redface.gif

I thought it was time to appreciate Adam since there were crazy rumors flying around not to long ago.

Adam rules!

Awwwwwwww!!

here's some sweet Adam stories:

"Adam literally got me by the scruff of the neck and roped me into U2. I didn't really want to be in a band. I was only into it for the sake of the sound of electric guitar, drums, bass and singing. So when he started talking about actuallyplaying gigs I thought,'What, y' mean playing gigs in front of other people?' The thought had never dawned on me. But Adam believed in the band before anyone did - he'd made up his mind at 15 or 16 that rock 'n' roll was what he was going to do. -Bono

From the book BONO IN HIS OWN WORDS:
"There was a night in L.A. in the early part of the tour when we had a death threat that the police were taking very seriously indeed.
Someone had sent the gun license into the U2 offices and they thought he had gotten into the venue. All of a sudden there were all these people on the stage which I really objected to. I never thought that sort of thing would bother me and, when I went out, it didn't. I just laughed it off, like The Blues Brothers - 'We're on a mission from God and we ain't finished yet.' The second night came up and the cops came up to us just before we were about to go on and said they'd made a mistake, He was coming tonight!

"Now we get all kinds of racist jibes because we wrote a song for Martin Luther King, or pinko jibes because we did the Amnesty International Tour. Wherever you look we're a target for the loony fringe. So the second night, we're on stage and I'm singing 'Pride' thinking, 'If someone is going to do it it will be during this number.' So I crouched down on the stage, shut my eyes and for a moment the thought of death crossed my mind. When I looked up I just saw Adam standing over me, between me and the crowd. It was a good, good moment."

------------------
Words tangled in her hair.. words soon to disappear

* U2 Take Me Higher *
The Macphisto Society

*Cat appreciates Adam*
*Cat appreciates Adam more*
*Cat appreciates Adam the most*

*THUD*
*BUMP*

adam%203.gif

------------------
Zooming in