Actually the whole thing is silly if you ask me...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
Some people found the white flag waving on the War tour silly. Some found it cool.

Some people felt that U2 imitating 'american music' during JT/RH was silly. Some thought it was cool.

Some people found the whole concept of Achtung/Zoo TV/Zooropa silly. Some thought it was cool.

Some people thought the whole Popmart set and lemon as silly. Some found it cool.

And now some people think stuff like Vertigo & Elevation is silly. While others think they're cool.

I think in the end, it boils down to which incarnation of U2 is your personal favorite.

I love all those things you listed.

I dont really have a favourite era or such , i suppose it doesnt really matter to me.

i agree

sure discotheque video was silly

but so is a good u2 fighting an evil u2 to save the edge and a giraffe

and so is macphisto

and so is bonos mullet

silly irish lads

I think that is why I love them so much. Because they aren´t afraid of looking like a fool sometimes. It´s called being human.

That's why U2 is still up. Because I don't think they meant to have the approve of half the world about their actions. They never did and they never will please everybody, even the fans. I'm glad that U2 never took fans' main advices or wishes along.

In the other hand, I don't think that those things you mentioned are silly. Some think that way because they don't really get into the thing and they don't try to understand why is it that way.

Zootlesque said:
Some people found the white flag waving on the War tour silly. Some found it cool.

Some people felt that U2 imitating 'american music' during JT/RH was silly. Some thought it was cool.

Some people found the whole concept of Achtung/Zoo TV/Zooropa silly. Some thought it was cool.

Some people thought the whole Popmart set and lemon as silly. Some found it cool.

And now some people think stuff like Vertigo & Elevation is silly. While others think they're cool.

I think in the end, it boils down to which incarnation of U2 is your personal favorite.

:heart: :love: :heart: :love:

vaz02 said:
I love all those things you listed.

I dont really have a favourite era or such , i suppose it doesnt really matter to me.

Same here. Each era has its flaws, but each also certainly has its gems. I find more gems with each era than flaws.

In fact, it's part of what makes them good, imo. The fact that Edge is such a perfectionist, and yet he his fret buzz all throughout the intro to Sometimes made it through to the album.....pretty cool.

i think that they have the best propaganda team in the whole world. would you talk about it if those things weren't so different then??

All things aside...U2 Rules!!!!

Even the things I dislike (like Popmart) I find some solace in. Popmart was not a failure, it started out a little rough and got better as it rolled on. I agree that the Mexico City show is excellent...even though I was at the Vegas shows, the two shows I saw in Oakland in June of '97 kicked ass. :yes:

I still prefer Zoo TV to Popmart, and that said Elevation to Popmart, but it's still all good.

Zootlesque said:

:drool:

These should be written on a stone tablet and carried down a large mountain for all to read.

Yep. The reason that that U2 outlasted most of them is that they have chopped down more than one Joshua Tree.

They caught some hell for it every time. But in the end they smile at it all from the confines of a beach house in the South of France.

Brilliant.

Honestly, the reason u2 have lasted so long is cos i've i loved them for the longest time...that's spared them from all u fake fans ;)

Ah U2, a silly Irish boy band...Westlife kicks their ass.

Back
Top Bottom