acoustic electric songs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
i'm trying to think of any U2 songs that start off acoustically and end electric...all i got right now is All I Want Is You...how many more are there?

Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

Wake Up Dead Man

If You Wear That Velvet Dress

Exit (?)

One Tree Hill (?)

Tomorrow (??)

Last edited:
not really...i've heard certain songs playing an electric-acoustic guitar...you start off one way and end with the other

europop2005 said:
not really...i've heard certain songs playing an electric-acoustic guitar...you start off one way and end with the other

OK - so an acoustic/electric guitar that starts without distortion and ends with distortion (or some other tonal shift). Or in the studio, 2 guitars. All I Want is You definitely, although live, Edge uses a Strat for it.

europop2005 said:
i'm trying to think of any U2 songs that start off acoustically and end electric...all i got right now is All I Want Is You...how many more are there?

All I Want Is You doesn't start on an acoustic guitar. It's an electric one from the beginning.

Re: Re: acoustic electric songs?

Popmartijn said:

All I Want Is You doesn't start on an acoustic guitar. It's an electric one from the beginning.

Studio or live? The tab sites mention acoustic, and it sounds at least like an acoustic/electric to me.

the album version of all i want is you starts out acoustic.

their cover of dancing barefoot starts out acoustic and ends electric.

I heard Seconds live last night by a U2 tribute band and it was really great. The band did an impromptu accoustic set too that was very good. No one knew there was a drum skin malfunction! The guys did Wild Horses, Yahweh, AIWIY, Staring at the Sun, Sometimes, and One...I don't remember if anything else was in there or not.

Back
Top Bottom