Achtung!!! Rank the songs 1-12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
As hard as it is to do :crazy: rank them in the order of how excellent and complete they are and also as a personal favorite. Could be done Lyrically (L) or Musically (M) like I have. Of course, this order of mine may change tomorrow. :|

1. ONE (L&M): I know it is overplayed but this is close to being my single favorite song of all-time. It means so much on so many levels.

2. ACROBAT (L&M): Great lyrics, Great drums, Great guitars, Great bass. Almost put this one at no. 1.

3. UNTIL THE END... (L&M): Those vocals are just :drool: Great lyrics and guitar lead too (where it climaxes into a chugging sound :drool: )

4. THE FLY (L&M): Love the attitude, the false opening and the guitars, gospel voice followed by low 'Man will rise' :drool:

5. EVEN BETTER... (M): Personal favorite here. Got me into U2. Musically amazing, that slide guitar :drool: favorite moment: at the beginning when the song kicks into motion with Larry crashing on the cymbals and Bono's scream fading away in the background.

6. ULTRAVIOLET (L&M): Great intro and lyrics (this is the price of love), awesome percussion

7. LOVE IS BLINDNESS (L&M): Atmospherics combined with dark lyrics. :up:

8. SO CRUEL (L): These are the kind of heartbreak lyrics I like, non-wussy with an added fuck-you in "I'm only hangin' on to watch you go down............ my love" :mac:

9. ZOO STATION (M): Greatest intro ever (yes, including Streets)!!! Perfect soundtrack for peak hour at a subway station.

10. WHO'S GONNA RIDE... (M): If the intro on the album version didn't ruin it, this would be higher up for me. Great to sing along to. Love the Don't turn around part! :love:

11. MYSTERIOUS WAYS (M): I have to be in the mood for it. Very smooth dance track. Perfect video to compliment.

12. TRYIN TO THROW... (M): Nice laid-back groove to this one. Least favorite here but still pretty good.

Damn, that was hard!

1.The Fly
The Fly
The Fly
The Fly
The Fly
The Fly

All other recorded music in the history of mankind:wink:

Acrobat
One
So Cruel
UltraViolet
Zoo Station
Love is Blindness
Who's gonna ride ur wild horses
Until the end of the world
The Fly
M.Ways
Trying to throw ur arms around the world
Even better than the real thing

From no.1 - 12

Mysterious Ways at #11? Wow, I would have never guessed that... I think Larry's percussion alone makes it one of the best on AB, and then add in Edge's distorted guitar and that short/sharp solo along with the smooth, seductive lyrics and you've got on poignant, epic song!

But hey, it's AB, the hardest album to rate track by track, so good job, I couldn't do it...:wink:

I'll give it a go...
1-One-my all time favorite
2-Until The End Of The World-probably my 2nd all-time favorite
3-The Fly-took me longer to appreciate, but in my top 10
4-Wild Horses-single remix is better, the first single I heard on the radio after buying this CD...great memories..
5-Zoo Station-I disagree with Zootlesque...this is the 2nd best opener behind Streets
6-Ultraviolet-should have been a single, catchy...and dark
7-Acrobat-what evryone else says about this, I agree with...great!
8-So Cruel-great slow moment in the middle of the album, love the bass
9-Mysterious Ways-still a great live song
10-Love Is Blindness-so dark and moody, love Edge's solo
11-Even Better Than The Real Thing-just how it goes, I like the others better
12-Tryin' To Throw...-probably the weakest track, but still great nonetheless...

1. Acrobat - one of the best songs ever recorded.
2. The Fly - see Acrobat.
3. Until The End Of The World - see Acrobat.
4. Love Is Blindness - see Acrobat.
5. Mysterious Ways - good song that may just be the best example of Bono's clever lyricism where the lines may be about women or God.
6. One - epic anthem that I think is a bit over-rated but still very good.
7. Zoo Station - good song to introduce the new era.
8. Ultra Violet - if it weren't for that bloody awful chorus, I'd rank this higher.
9. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses - nice enough song, nothing special.
10. Even Better Than The Real Thing - come on, Bono, you can do better lyrics than that.
11. So Cruel - fantastic lyrics. Damn shame the song's so inaccessible.
12. Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World - WTF is this even doing on the album? Mediocre b-side if I ever heard one.

1.Acrobat
2.Ultraviolet ( light my way )
3. Love is Blindness
4. The Fly
5. Until The End Of The World
6. Mysterious Ways
7.One
8.Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
9.Even Better Then Real Thing
10 . Zoo Station
11. Trying to throw your arms around the world
12. So Cruel

1. In Gods country
2. New years day
3. Sunday blood sunday
4. The fly
5. Until the end of the world
6. Love comes tumbling
7. Gloria
8. Gone
9. Lemon
10. Even better than the real thing
11. 11 O clock tick tock :wink:
12. God Part II

:scratch: I was talking only about Achtung Baby. But overall, In God's Country is definitely up there for me.

snutes1 said:
1. In Gods country
2. New years day
3. Sunday blood sunday
4. The fly
5. Until the end of the world
6. Love comes tumbling
7. Gloria
8. Gone
9. Lemon
10. Even better than the real thing
11. 11 O clock tick tock :wink:
12. God Part II

I've to check my Achtung playlist to see if this really happend:|

1. One
2.Love is blindness
3.Until the end of the world
4.Acrobat
5.Mysterious ways
6. So cruel
7.Who's gonna ride your wild horses
8.Even better than the real thing
9.The Fly
10.UltraViolet
11.Zoo Station
12.Trying to throw your arms around the world

This is how I feel right now. But I have to admit that it was very difficult for me to rate them. Huh....but I managed.

Zootlesque said:
As hard as it is to do :crazy: rank them in the order of how excellent and complete they are and also as a personal favorite. Could be done Lyrically (L) or Musically (M) like I have. Of course, this order of mine may change tomorrow. :|

1. ONE (L&M): I know it is overplayed but this is close to being my single favorite song of all-time. It means so much on so many levels.

2. ACROBAT (L&M): Great lyrics, Great drums, Great guitars, Great bass. Almost put this one at no. 1.

3. UNTIL THE END... (L&M): Those vocals are just :drool: Great lyrics and guitar lead too (where it climaxes into a chugging sound :drool: )

4. THE FLY (L&M): Love the attitude, the false opening and the guitars, gospel voice followed by low 'Man will rise' :drool:

5. EVEN BETTER... (M): Personal favorite here. Got me into U2. Musically amazing, that slide guitar :drool: favorite moment: at the beginning when the song kicks into motion with Larry crashing on the cymbals and Bono's scream fading away in the background.

6. ULTRAVIOLET (L&M): Great intro and lyrics (this is the price of love), awesome percussion

7. LOVE IS BLINDNESS (L&M): Atmospherics combined with dark lyrics. :up:

8. SO CRUEL (L): These are the kind of heartbreak lyrics I like, non-wussy with an added fuck-you in "I'm only hangin' on to watch you go down............ my love" :mac:

9. ZOO STATION (M): Greatest intro ever (yes, including Streets)!!! Perfect soundtrack for peak hour at a subway station.

10. WHO'S GONNA RIDE... (M): If the intro on the album version didn't ruin it, this would be higher up for me. Great to sing along to. Love the Don't turn around part! :love:

11. MYSTERIOUS WAYS (M): I have to be in the mood for it. Very smooth dance track. Perfect video to compliment.

12. TRYIN TO THROW... (M): Nice laid-back groove to this one. Least favorite here but still pretty good.

Damn, that was hard!
1. One
2. The Fly
3. Until the End of the World
4. Even Better than the Real Thing
5. Acrobat
6. Love is Blindness
7. So Cruel
8. Zoo Station
9. Mysterious Ways
10. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
11. Ultraviolet
12. Trying to Throw Your Arms Around the World
This album is so loaded with great songs. :drool:

1. Acrobat
2. Until The End Of The World
3. The Fly
4. One
5. Zoo Station
6. Even Better Than The Real Thing
7. Love Is Blindness
8. Mysterious Ways
9. Ultra Violet
11. So Cruel
12. Trying To Throw Your Arms Around The World

:drool:

1. even better than the real thing :drool:
2. mysterious ways
3. zoo station
4. the fly
5. until the end of the world
6. ultra violet
7. who's gonna ride your wild horses
8. love is blindness
9. acrobat
10. trying to throw your arms around the world
11. one
12. so cruel

KhanadaRhodes said:

2. mysterious ways
3. zoo station
4. the fly
6. ultra violet
8. love is blindness
9. acrobat
11. one
12. so cruel
One is at 11?! :shame:

my favorite album by anybody

1. One
2. Until The End of the World
3. Zoo Station
4. Acrobat
5. The Fly
6. So Cruel
7. Love is Blindness
8. Ultraviolet
9. Even Better Than The Real Thing
11. Trying To Throw Your Arms Around The World
12. Mysterious Ways

It's hard to rank them, really. At any time, I could rank UTEOTW first and it would make sense to me, but One is just a magical song on the album. 3-8, can be interchangable, and of all the tracks, the only one i never got into was Mysterious Ways, which isn't awful or anything, I just don't care for it.

Oh my god this is hard.

1. Acrobat :drool:
2. One
4. So Cruel
5. The Fly
6. Zoo Station
7. Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
8. Mysterious Ways
9. Love is Blindness
10. Even Better Than the Real Thing
11. Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around the World
12. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

But please understand, with the exception of Acrobat, which stands head and shoulders over the other songs, there is such a fine degree of liking here that ranking the songs is almost impossible. They are all amazing songs.

KhanadaRhodes said:

2. mysterious ways
3. zoo station
4. the fly
6. ultra violet
8. love is blindness
9. acrobat
11. one
12. so cruel

wow! acrobat at 9 and one at 11! Actually, I know you're not a big fan of one and stay. On the other hand, I'm glad somebody else shares my love for Even Better.

miss becky said:
Oh my god this is hard.

1. Acrobat :drool:
2. One
4. So Cruel
5. The Fly
6. Zoo Station
7. Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
8. Mysterious Ways
9. Love is Blindness
10. Even Better Than the Real Thing
11. Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around the World
12. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

But please understand, with the exception of Acrobat, which stands head and shoulders over the other songs, there is such a fine degree of liking here that ranking the songs is almost impossible. They are all amazing songs.

Ah... I was wondering where you were. :wink: You like Tryin better than Who's Gonna Ride, huh? :hmm:

Zootlesque said:

Ah... I was wondering where you were. :wink: You like Tryin better than Who's Gonna Ride, huh? :hmm:

By about one zillionth of a degree. I love all twelve songs. :drool:

1) Until The End Of The World
2) One
3) Even Better Than The Real Thing
4) So Cruel
5) Zoo Station
6) Mysterious Ways (the studio version- the live version would be easily top 3)
7) Love Is Blindness
8) The Fly
9) Whos Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
10) Acrobat
11) Ultraviolet
12) Tryin To Throw Your Arms Around The World

Zootlesque said:
wow! acrobat at 9 and one at 11! Actually, I know you're not a big fan of one and stay. On the other hand, I'm glad somebody else shares my love for Even Better.
yes :drool: i like acrobat but like i said in the albums thread about rattle and hum, something's gotta go at the bottom. this is my favourite album and really 2-4 are a tie, as are 5-8. so acrobat should be #4. :wink:

even better than real thing is by far my favourite on here, and definitely in my top three U2 songs.

glenn said:
One is at 11?! :shame:
yes! i was going to rank it at the bottom but i thought people would flame me too much for that. i just think it's way too overrated. i find the song way too boring.

Zoo Station - I don't know why, I just like it very very much
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World
Until The End Of The World
So Cruel
One - It is great at live shows though
Ultra Violet
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
Love Is Blindness
Acrobat

Okay cmon, is anyone putting Tryin' in the top 5 or even at no. 1? ;) It's taking quite a beating here. Although... I'm sure most of us are still trying to get over the shock of seeing Tryin' above One on Khanada's list.

1. Until The End Of The World
2. The Fly
3. Mysterious Ways
4. Zoo Station
5. Acrobat
6. Even Better Than The Real Thing
7. One
8. Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
9. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
10. Love Is Blindness
11. Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World
12. So Cruel