Achtung over The Joshua Tree?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Popularity of an album doesnt mean that it is a better album. U2 were in there prime as far as selling records go when the Joshua Tree came out. As far as age goes and all the other things that go into selling a massive amount of albums...mostly an image thing.

Joshua Tree had the music and a lot of other image factors going for it at the time.

Donkeyman said:
AB is better than JT, simply because it led to the best U2 album ever made, Zooropa:drool:

Lemoon:drool:

Achtung is better.
If you don't believe me, check survivor's results.
ACHTUNG WON

Achtung Baby by far, for me.

Any album that has One, UTEOTW, Mysterious Ways, The Fly, and Love IS Blindness all on the same album, has to be unbeatable.

2861U2 said:
Achtung Baby by far, for me.

Any album that has One, UTEOTW, Mysterious Ways, The Fly, and Love IS Blindness all on the same album, has to be unbeatable.

I agree with all of those songs except Love Is Blindness. That song really seems to polarize people - either you loove it or hate it. There's no middle ground with that song unlike, say, Running to Stand Still or other "lesser known" songs on JT.

JT is great, but I don't like it as much as AB. JT is more epic, while AB is more personal. I like personal better! I also like the sound of AB alot more. It's more industrial rock while JT is more country.

And I totally disagree that JT was THAT innovative. IMO it was a great extension of TUF. It's a little more country-ish, but still has the same epic feel. Achtung Baby was completely fresh and new.

Back
Top Bottom