ACHTUNG BEBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikal

Blue Crack Addict
Don't worry Deathbear. She's from Texas.

------------------
Look what you did, you little JERK!

Kevin! You're such a disease!

I'm sure she's fine too.

She told me she was going to drive carefully (her driving record proves that she is a safe driver).

She does have quite a commute from La. to Texas though.

haha, thanks for the article bear... and yes I am perfectly fine
biggrin.gif

It has been quite chilly down here, around 23 degrees as I type, and we really did see some snow fall! Amazing for Louisiana (no, not Texas
tongue.gif
)

Not enough to say, go sledding, or build snowmen, but enough to see a little accumulation on the roof tops and on top of cars...

I'm just coming in from a loooong shift at work, resting my feet, doing my laundry, freeezing b/c the heat was turned off, and dreading the fact that I go back to school in the morning--also denying the fact that I should be sleeping (don't feel like it much)

Wish I was out sledding though
wink.gif

Wednesday January 2 12:53 PM ET

Snow, Sleet Fall Across the South

By The Associated Press

Highways were slippery from Louisiana into South Carolina on Wednesday as snow and sleet fell across the South. The weather was blamed for two deaths.

Up to 3 inches of snow fell in parts of southern Mississippi, and Montgomery, Ala., got about 4 inches during the morning, that city's most significant snowfall since the blizzard of 1993, the National Weather Service (news - web sites) said.

For some youngsters, it was a revelation.

``This is the best snow of my entire life,'' said 10-year-old Sam Emerson of Lafayette, La. ``It never snowed like this ever before.''

The light accumulation was a far cry from the nearly 7 feet that paralyzed Buffalo, N.Y., last week, but Southern drivers have less experience with slippery roads.

Two traffic deaths were blamed on snow-covered highways in southern Mississippi, said Highway Patrol dispatcher Heather Sullivan. And because of accidents in Louisiana, state police closed parts of Interstates 10 and 55 at Baton Rouge and Hammond. Alabama state troopers said sections of I-65 around Montgomery were hazardous.

``People here don't know how to drive when it's raining,'' Mike Mason said in Montgomery, Ala. ``If citizens of Montgomery can't handle wet roads, how will they handle an icy one?''

``Whether we get an inch or 4 inches it doesn't make a whole lot of difference. It pretty much locks things down,'' said emergency management official Hugh Atkins in Rome, Ga.

Sleet and snow flurries also had moved into South Carolina by midmorning and motorists were warned to expect slippery highways.

``The number of accidents double and sometimes triple in snowy weather,'' said South Carolina Highway Patrol Lance Cpl. Bryan McDougald.

For youngsters, however, the snow around Montgomery was perfect, wet and soft and just right for making snowballs and snowmen.

``I think this is fabulous,'' said Tara Carter as she and her husband, Chip, helped 6-year-old son Austin and a neighbor make a large snowman with a Mardi Gras hat, carrot nose, Oreo cookies for eyes and pecans for buttons.

``This is the best snowman I've ever seen,'' Austin said.

The chill was expected to continue after the snow stops falling, with lows in the low to mid-20s likely into Thursday as far south as southwestern Louisiana, said weather service meteorologist Kent Kuyper in Lake Charles, La. ``This might be our cold spell of the year,'' Kuyper said.

By comparison, the coldest spot in the nation was Laramie, Wyo., with a low of 29 below zero Wednesday morning, the weather service said.

-

On the Net:

National Weather Service: http://iwin.nws.noaa.gov

------------------
-death bear

hey bebe,

we got seven feet of snow here last week, if you want...we can loan you some to build your snowman....Pfft soutehrners...3 inches "oh run run the snow is falling"..you people wouldn't last a minute in Western New York!

Originally posted by zonelistener:
Try the upper midwest where we get excited because the temperation actually might rise to high 20's or low 30's (read: heatwave).

20's???...wow..that is warm

Originally posted by Arun V:

20's???...wow..that is warm

lol Arun.

------------------

you can try the best you can
you can try the best you can
the best you can is good enough

Originally posted by Yecko:
pfhht...

americans...

try coming up to canada some time. its about -15 today... (i dont know what that is in farenhite, like 10 or so.)

[/QUOTE

that's not that much colder than here..it was like 7F this morning here...and Celsius?!?!?!....when will you people learn...my car gets two furlongs to the fistfull and that's the way I like it!

double post

but...I do live less than 20 minutes from canada...so dont' lecture me

[This message has been edited by Arun V (edited 01-03-2002).]

EdgeVox, you are a mad feckin' fool
wink.gif
... but then, so am I, hehe

stefananny... -40??? whoa!! Well it got to about 23 Farenheit last night... that was really freezing for here! It hits 35 and everyone here is bundled up like you wouldn't imagine
biggrin.gif
I tend to take well to the cold, though
cool.gif

btw, Arun, 3 inches may be nothing to you, but for Louisiana that is a crazy amount of snowfall haha. Yes please do share in the wealth! Just so long as everyone remains safe on the roads though!

Originally posted by Arun V:
that's not that much colder than here..it was like 7F this morning here...and Celsius?!?!?!....when will you people learn...my car gets two furlongs to the fistfull and that's the way I like it!

Oh, you cranky old halfrockstar.
smile.gif
Actually we still used Fahrenheit commonly up until several years ago, so I'm kinda used to both. Last year we hit -40 several times (which, by the way, is the same in both Fahrenheit and Celsius). One night last year I froze my hands bad - they we so numb I kept dropping my keys because I couldn't feel them or move my fingers! I had frostbite from it, bleah. But right now it's actually really gorgeous outside. The snow glare is awfully blinding though, especially while driving.

And yes, I know how cold WNY can get too. I used to go night skiing there every week.

------------------
- nan
MacPhisto made me do it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom