Achtung Baby/Zooropa remasters CONFIRMED for Fall 2011 by Rolling Stone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. This needed to be said. New remasters exist just to increase volume all the time. It's still a remaster. A bad remaster? Sure. But a remaster nonetheless. It's a remaster unless they press CDs from the same master copy that was used in pressing the two copies of AB I own now.

We can discuss the technical issues surrounding "remaster" and what constitutes a "true remaster" (ala the previous reissues) all day long.

But unless and until U2.com or some other official entity indicates that Achtung Baby has been remastered from the original source tapes (like they did for every other release), it hasn't been.

The tracklisting has been removed from the Universal website. Maybe they jumped the gun posting it or it was a technical glitch when I accessed the website this morning. I'm just hoping they re-think having 2 discs of remixes.

Was Satellite of Love on any of the discs??

soctheo said:
The tracklisting has been removed from the Universal website. Maybe they jumped the gun posting it or it was a technical glitch when I accessed the website this morning. I'm just hoping they re-think having 2 discs of remixes.

Yes.

What I don't understand is the pricing. The 4 LP box set is listed for $100! That's fucking absurd! The Daydream Nation 4 LP box is $38 on amazon.ca (in stores it was around 50 or 60), and that has a lot more music on it than AB does.

What's up with the prices?

One disc of remixes is too many. There should be a disc of tracks from the Zooropa sessions. I doubt there will be any real changes though since people are already preordering it...but why would they, since the track listing isn't finalized and there contents of a dvd are unknown (and the current prices are a joke).

The tracklisting has been removed from the Universal website. Maybe they jumped the gun posting it...

it looked like the bsides had some notes on them maybe revealing some of the changes the band made to them....perhaps indicating an early version of what the tracklisting is for the bsides and rarities. i will be sad if they alter this or take some of the trax of. seems as though the heaven and hell in truth mix is the track that didn't need any work. i like the extra garbage in the titles of the track.

02. Blow Your House – Analogue Mix Bono Edit 190711
07. Heaven And Hell – In Truth Mix 211711
08. Oh Berlin – Analogue Mix 1 190711 (needs an edit)
09. Near the Island (instr) Night train from Rostock.
10. Down All The Days (Vsn 1) [CD#4/07] (needs edits)
15. Everybody loves a winner edit between take 2+3

also for those that didn't know...I just looked this up. Rostock is a city in Germany.

So is that Deluxe 2CD just Achtung and Zooropa, or Achtung and B-Sides&Rarities?

Zooropa definitely needs remastering.

Uber remixes tracklisting looks interesting; but the Unter remixes tracklisting looks like a bunch of remix clones of same songs (like the other remixes in the past 10 years).

Bonus & Rarities tracklisting also looks interesting... is Down All the Day = Take You Down/Wake Up Dead Man from Salome Outtakes?

Early takes don't interest me much.

That's 4/6, including Zooropa.

Sorry, I'm late keeping up with the news...

I'm not sure how far back Down All the Days goes, but if I remember correctly, it was a backing track that eventually became 'Numb'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom