Achtung Baby/Zooropa remasters CONFIRMED for Fall 2011 by Rolling Stone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They should put the 20 year old baby/man in the exact same pose in the pool.

weird_al_nirvana.jpg

Typical McGuiness comment.... "If you pile a lot of extra material and packaging and design work into a super-duper box set, there are people who will pay quite a lot for it, so you can budget it at a very high level and pump up the value."

Yeah just keep milking the fans for all they're worth...

If you don't want it, don't buy it.

If you don't want the high end house, then don't buy it.

I never hear car buyers complain about buying the luxury editions by saying that the car companies are milking their buyers...

When did fans get such a warped mentality?

If you don't want it, don't buy it.

If you don't want the high end house, then don't buy it.

I never hear car buyers complain about buying the luxury editions by saying that the car companies are milking their buyers...

When did fans get such a warped mentality?

there's a strange sense of entitlement when it comes to music since it can so easily be downloaded for free, meaning that all music should be minimally priced. and i'm not just referring to anybody in this thread of u2 fans here, but that's all it comes down to. can't go download a porsche for free.

some are misinterpreting what McGuinness is saying..

"pump up the value"

he's saying people will pay a high price for a quality product. it's logical to put out a quality product of high value, because there's a demand for it.

a deluxe boxset is expensive to produce. it costs a lot to make and thus will cost a lot in store. but, if it's filled with a worthwhile product, then it's worth it

Yeah, I think that's what he meant, that they're going to cram it full of "good value." But that wasn't the most tactful way of saying it.

Surely McG is saying that by pumping up the value he's talking about cramming as much content into it as possible? And that isn't a good thing??? :doh:

I want the deluxey.

THESE LEFTOVERS SUCK BASED ON THE TITLES

Untidy Life = Dirty Day demo :down:
Nosejob = I guess they have enough money to all get them thanks to Zooropa deluxe
Jesus Drove Me = sounds like some bad CCM metaphor :down:
Piano: Poem = pretentious
Landscape = sounds like some Brian Eno solo track eww
Cry Baby = alt Babyface?? :yuck:
Indian Jam = maybe a leftover song from Morocco or whatever, could be cool
Sponge = Chris Martin tribute song
Lose Control = early Crazy Tonight??

Zooropa deluxe will now suck.

and this is awesome.

Typical McGuiness comment.... "If you pile a lot of extra material and packaging and design work into a super-duper box set, there are people who will pay quite a lot for it, so you can budget it at a very high level and pump up the value."

*eagerly waits to be milked*

I'm looking forward to 2 nice heavy 180 gram vinyl pressings. I never found a copy of the original pressing of Achtung Baby on vinyl, but I've read it isn't that great anyway. I was fortunate enough about 5 years ago have a friend send me an original European pressing of Zooropa however. But still, I'd totally upgrade to 180 gram remastered copy.

Surely McG is saying that by pumping up the value he's talking about cramming as much content into it as possible? And that isn't a good thing??? :doh:

He said that after "budget it at a very high level." So, yes and no. Maybe it will be expensive, but it will at least be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom