Achtung Baby/ Zooropa remaster/ reissue - Part III/ three

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard Edge couldn't find the time to do the remasters because he was too busy filing lawsuits over the building of his house. He is also renaming his house Remaster Leaves In The Wind. Ok before anyone takes offense that was a JOKE.:wave:

I heard Edge couldn't find the time to do the remasters because he was too busy filing lawsuits over the building of his house. He is also renaming his house Remaster Leaves In The Wind. Ok before anyone takes offense that was a JOKE.:wave:

EDGE, Y U NO REMASTER ACHTUNG BABY?? :sad: Only good thing for me about this release seems to be the bonus tracks, From The Sky Down & 'Baby Achtung Baby' versions. No way I'm purchasing any Super or Uber box set though.

If AB was put together like this (Secrets Of The Mix Engineers: Declan Gaffney), then I feel very fortunate we are receiving any demos / additional tracks at all from the AB era. I didn't realize the extent to which U2 fiddles with songs, records and archives every jam session, and then pieces together parts recorded over years in order to create final versions of songs (instead of developing a song and recreating it over and over until they get a good final take).

..... no new posts since yesterday evening?

Did everyone get tired of arguing all at once? :wink:

Interesting combination, but worth a shot I guess. :wink:

Oh, and to continue the last discussion from the previous thread: I think the Uber set on Universal is sold out cause of the Lithograph. :)

By the way, Universal has pretty quick customer service! :up: I tried to change my order to add one more Uber box for a friend, and when it went through I suddenly had two orders. One with one set and another with two sets. So I emailed them that three was a bit too much, and whether the second would go through as the box seemed sold out, and I got a quick response that it went through all right and the single one was cancelled. So that was pretty nice.

So......how 'bout them Rattle & Hum and Pop reissues!

Any ideas on what they'll have? Remastered? :)

Don't forget Passengers!

Actually, I know we'll never see that as most people, including some here, don't consider it a proper U2 album. I guess it could get packaged with a theoretical Pop reissue, but that seems highly unlikely.

Actually, if they HAD to package two reissues together, it should have been Zooropa and Passengers, as those are both Eno-dominated projects. And I mean that in a good way.

So......how 'bout them Rattle & Hum and Pop reissues!

Any ideas on what they'll have? Remastered? :)

Lovetown show DVD ?

I'd love for them to see a Pop 2.0 on the second disc...the finished version. Would be worth it for the complaints alone...

The bigger question is will they remaster anything after Pop ? The technology probably didn't advance as much with the last three albums, plus with the loudness wars it's questionable what results they'd get.

We better stay on topic of the achtung baby/Zooropa 20th anniversary and not about the fact that we are discussing for the last 50 pages of the previous part!
How about discussing what is on the bonus disc of the sydney show or something else as long it doesn't go about the fact who's name I won't tell before someone else goes hysterical about,I don't blame anyone but I think we all know it's about.

We better stay on topic of the achtung baby/Zooropa 20th anniversary and not about the fact that we are discussing for the last 50 pages of the previous part!
How about discussing what is on the bonus disc of the sydney show or something else as long it doesn't go about the fact who's name I won't tell before someone else goes hysterical about,I don't blame anyone but I think we all know it's about.

Yes but is it remastered....?? :lmao:

Lovetown show DVD ?

I'd love for them to see a Pop 2.0 on the second disc...the finished version. Would be worth it for the complaints alone...

The bigger question is will they remaster anything after Pop ? The technology probably didn't advance as much with the last three albums, plus with the loudness wars it's questionable what results they'd get.

Bomb probably needs a remaster more than any other U2 record.

Um....what?

The different numbers of pages in the book still puzzles me.

Why would they print two different books and put the smaller book in the Über version?

If it's a mistake in the press release, I wonder, if there is another mistake and Universal keeps repeating it, when people email them, because they simply don't know more than we do.

You know what I'm talking about! :reject:

The different numbers of pages in the book still puzzles me. Why would they print two different books and put the smaller book in the Über version? You know what I'm talking about! :reject:

It is not a mistake. I have been following and collecting bands for years and many are very nonsensical. Don't try and find logic because it doesn't exist.

Just accept.

I suppose you missed the irony of complaining about others going off topic, while having nothing of your own to add to the conversation..

The different numbers of pages in the book still puzzles me.

Why would they print two different books and put the smaller book in the Über version?

If it's a mistake in the press release, I wonder, if there is another mistake and Universal keeps repeating it, when people email them, because they simply don't know more than we do.

You know what I'm talking about! :reject:

I think the extra pages in the book for the Super Deluxe edition are being used to store the CDs. You see here that the CDs are stored in the book:
51EYTgTjFDL._SS500_.jpg

(The DVDs are probably stored in the back pages of the book)

The CDs in the Uber Deluxe version come in separate slipcases. You see them in the picture next to the CDs/DVDs:
51bUODF99EL._SS500_.jpg

My guess is that the contents of the book itself is identical. It's the same book, apart from the extra pages for the Super Deluxe edition to hold the CDs.

Ok maybe I have nothing new to discuss about, but I like it when people discuss about topics regarding the upcoming achtung baby re release.
There are many things to discuss about this remaster/not remastered(there I said it) achtung baby release, but for about 50 pages over the fact that it's remastered or not!!There must be something else? No?

Ok maybe I have nothing new to discuss about, but I like it when people discuss about topics regarding the upcoming achtung baby re release.
There are many things to discuss about this remaster/not remastered(there I said it) achtung baby release, but for about 50 pages over the fact that it's remastered or not!!There must be something else? No?

Hey what's your opinion on the whole remaster thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom