Achtung Baby/ Zooropa remaster/ reissue - Part III/ three

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stressful evening my friend. Looks like you are in need of more info, so The assistant brought up the fact that U2 would be there and working, and also that arnie HAD been working.. so I really have no conclusive information for you, I'm hoping to clear up what's up. I've left a message asking what the U2 project is... I'll let you know. I will be in constant touch with the facility all day giving feedback... Obviously I dont care about sharing info. Just relax and we will find out through some channel... Like Im sure many know. Mastering is the final process in the preparations (typically) so if they are to announce anything official Id expect it to be soon. forgive my bad spelling in in a time crunch here

:up:

whatever you can pass along would be great

thank you

Don't fret Bonosaurasrex, your speculation on whether or not Arnie is remastering AB, or some other U2 project, and whether or not U2 will actually be there, is quite in line with the other 2000+ posts speculating on whether or not AB is going to be remastered. Have no personal issue against you or what you are saying.

By all means, if your source comes right out and says that they're currently there remastering Achtung Baby, let us know! :)

What a way to make someone feel welcome guys! Especially someone who just wanted to drop us some info. You don't want to believe him, fine, you're free to ignore any, all or part of his post...but come on, give the guy a break. What's next, correcting his grammar?

Don't let it bother you Bonosaurasrex, I got a similar "welcome" when I started posting on here.

Try not to get too worked up Nick: You're more than welcome to ignore any, all or part of any questions people might have when someone makes a statement about what the band is/isn't doing, dude! ;)

i think the band might be working on the demos from the outtakes.

could be applying the instructions that came out on the first version of the tracklist.

CD5 - B-sides and Bonus Tracks
02. Blow Your House – Analogue Mix Bono Edit 190711
08. Oh Berlin – Analogue Mix 1 190711 (needs an edit)
10. Down All The Days (Vsn 1) [CD#4/07] (needs edits)
15. Everybody loves a winner edit between take 2+3

Well, it's one thing to be skeptical about any new bits of information, but there's no need to be aggressive about it, questioning it five ways from Sunday.

Welcome, bonosaurus guy. :)

Try not to get too worked up Nick: You're more than welcome to ignore any, all or part of any questions people might have when someone makes a statement about what the band is/isn't doing, dude! ;)

Not about your questions, it's about manners. Since I've been on receiving end of bad manners on this site, I know how the guy feels.

PS...What makes you think I was referring to you? If you haven't been rude to anyone, feel free to ignore my comment. :)

Not about your questions, it's about manners. Since I've been on receiving end of bad manners on this site, I know how the guy feels.

PS...What makes you think I was referring to you? If you haven't been rude to anyone, feel free to ignore my comment. :)

So who are you referring to then? Haven't seen anyone being rude to him, but I might have missed it.

I thought Down All The Days turned into Numb? It's also not on the AB Outtakes, which makes it AWESOME to see finally somewhere. I'm not trying to be nitpicky, I'm just kinda :shocked: that Take You Down didn't make the cut, considering how many songs it birthed.

Completely off the remastered/not remastered topic but...

Unless I'm completely cockeyed, I didn't see Take You Down on the tracklists. How could that NOT be on the reissue??

Those names were mostly made up by fans anyways, so I don't expect to see them similarly named on this release, if they are a part of it.

I thought Down All The Days turned into Numb? It's also not on the AB Outtakes, which makes it AWESOME to see finally somewhere. I'm not trying to be nitpicky, I'm just kinda :shocked: that Take You Down didn't make the cut, considering how many songs it birthed.

I "think" that most of the songs that are on this release are further down the line from the Hansa sessions. So part of that outtake (which is completely a fan title, not a U2 title) could make it into some other song or be called something else completely. I doubt it is Down All The Days, which apparantly parts of the song were used for Numb later on as you mentioned. I think I know which outtake you are referring to but I'm not sure as there are so many fan titles and bootleg titles.

That's the weird part, though! On the disappearing/reappearing tracklists, CDs 3-5 had a total of 38 songs, with only 4 of the titles being something that isn't already on the widely available version of the AB outtakes. So most of the titles remained the same. I agree that the "unknowns" are probably from later sessions than the Hansa tapes, and I'm most excited to hear those. I'm just bummed on a personal level that they didn't seem to include to include Take You Down, since I would have loved a cleaned up version of that. On the plus side, I'm REALLY happy that they didn't just slap like, 12 versions of Salome on a CD and call it a day :tongue:

Having just caught up with the latest news in this thread after being away from the computer all weekend, let me say a big THANK YOU to Bonosaurusrex for injecting some hope into this forum on the subject of remastering! I feel like I should take both you and John Vanderslice out for dinner for keeping the flame alive... :)

I "think" that most of the songs that are on this release are further down the line from the Hansa sessions. So part of that outtake (which is completely a fan title, not a U2 title) could make it into some other song or be called something else completely. I doubt it is Down All The Days, which apparantly parts of the song were used for Numb later on as you mentioned. I think I know which outtake you are referring to but I'm not sure as there are so many fan titles and bootleg titles.

I agree with this.

Take you down turned into Until the end of the world. it didn't spawn anything else. certainly not like Lady with the Spinning head.

For all we know, the baby until the end of the world could be a cleaned up version of TYD

Last edited:
Take you down turned into Until the end of the world. it didn't spawn anything else. certainly not like Lady with the Spinning head.

I think there's a few different versions of fan-titled TYD out there. This is the one I was talking about: Take You Down - U2 - YouTube. It's got bits and pieces of Lady With the Spinning Head, The Fly, UV, and a little Wake Up Dead Man refrain for good measure.

That's the weird part, though! On the disappearing/reappearing tracklists, CDs 3-5 had a total of 38 songs, with only 4 of the titles being something that isn't already on the widely available version of the AB outtakes. So most of the titles remained the same. I agree that the "unknowns" are probably from later sessions than the Hansa tapes, and I'm most excited to hear those. I'm just bummed on a personal level that they didn't seem to include to include Take You Down, since I would have loved a cleaned up version of that. On the plus side, I'm REALLY happy that they didn't just slap like, 12 versions of Salome on a CD and call it a day :tongue:

My guess is even the titles that are the same like "Heaven or Hell" are similiar to what was on the Hansa outtakes but most likely more polished and have been changed. So even that will be different. I guess my question is why do you want the exact same outtakes you already have on bootleg anyway? I would rather have something different or something that is a progression from what is on the Hansa bootlegs. So if the demo "Take You Down" is not exactly the same or on the set period, you will still have your bootleg copy of it. :shrug:

I think there's a few different versions of fan-titled TYD out there. This is the one I was talking about: Take You Down - U2 - YouTube. It's got bits and pieces of Lady With the Spinning Head, The Fly, UV, and a little Wake Up Dead Man refrain for good measure.

If this is the demo being referred to then parts were obviously used in The Fly, Lady, Ultraviolet and lyrically Wake Up Dead Man. So I doubt this exact demo will appear on the set. But the demos of the Achtung songs The Fly and Ultraviolet will most likely have elements of this demo.

My guess is even the titles that are the same like "Heaven or Hell" are similiar to what was on the Hansa outtakes but most likely more polished and have been changed. So even that will be different. I guess my question is why do you want the exact same outtakes you already have on bootleg anyway? I would rather have something different or something that is a progression from what is on the Hansa bootlegs. So if the demo "Take You Down" is not exactly the same or on the set period, you will still have your bootleg copy of it. :shrug:

Oh, it isn't so much that I WANT it...it's more that I'm surprised, from a sort of "evolution of a song" standpoint that it appears to be left out. It's kinda like looking at how many words were spawned from the Latin "bene". Of course unheard stuff would be more appreciated, but going on the (misguided?) assumption that not EVERYONE buying the reissue has the outtakes in any form lying around, I just found it a weird track to leave out, simply because of how many recognizable songs grew from it.

ah, yes, I was thinking of I feel free!

we probably wouldn't get this as Lady with the Spinning Head is the mother of two of the pieces. Bono just sang WUDM over the music. He often does that when recording (flanigans book)

No worries. BTW, you might want to use a word other than "stalking"...maybe say you're "ghosting" the forum. Stalking sounds kind of creepy, and as someone whose had a stalker on here, I can tell you it's not much fun. :)

yeah Nick, when you make inferences to other members "harassing" you it sound a little strong. It is kinda like someone poking someone else "assault".

Having just caught up with the latest news in this thread after being away from the computer all weekend, let me say a big THANK YOU to Bonosaurusrex for injecting some hope into this forum on the subject of remastering! I feel like I should take both you and John Vanderslice out for dinner for keeping the flame alive... :)

What about me? I have been an ardent defender of the remaster situation/ And I am kinda hungry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom