Achtung Baby vs. Ok Computer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1stepcloser said:

I'll see this statement and raise you 'If you wear that velvet dress', 'One Tree Hill' and 'Tomorrow' as U2 songs more beautiful than Radioheads 'Let Down'.

:drool:

have you listened to let down? that song is in another league to the ones you mentioned.(imo) I mean listen to this song with a pair of headphones, and you'll see what I 'm talking about.

I've just listened to all 4 minutes and 59 seconds of Let Down again and i just find it a bit....dull, really. It's a nice enough song but compared to something like Heartland or Drowning Man, i really don't think it comes close.

Each to their own i guess :)

Elvis Presley And America > Let Down.

I just listened to Let Down before making this comment too. In both songs, the singers fail to enunciate, and Bono's got Yorke beat by a mile on conveying emotion. The stream of consciousness in EPAA is powerful. The babbling in Let Down, er, lets down the song. Also, the electronic noises at the end are just pointless and have that "we put these in here because we can" feel.

OK, now I'm going to be flamed.

xaviMF22 said:

have you listened to let down? that song is in another league to the ones you mentioned.(imo) I mean listen to this song with a pair of headphones, and you'll see what I 'm talking about.

You do know he/ she has more than likely heard said song and they prefer "One Tree Hill", now seeing as we all have varying musical tastes can't we let go of such comments as "that song is in another league" as that indirectly devalues your fellow “interferencers” opinion.

In my opinion Public Enemy were far more sonically adventurous than anything Radiohead has done to date.

Now that I've managed to get over the shock without vomiting pea soup or having my head spin around, I'll say again, it's all down to personal taste. :wink:

I'm listening to Subterranean Homesick Alien for the first time in a long time right now, and wow, what a song. The lyrics are rather nonsensical, but the music is from another planet. I'd take it over EBTTRT, One, and Mysterious Ways any day. Speaking of Subterranean Homesick Alien...does anyone else feel like Coldplay tried to mimic the same spacey element of it in their song, Spies?

GibsonGirl said:
Now that I've managed to get over the shock without vomiting pea soup or having my head spin around, I'll say again, it's all down to personal taste. :wink:

Yeah, that's it. :up:

Here's a great quote from Bono in an old magazine that I have: "...Thom Yorke is an angel singing about his devils...it’s that duality — the band is so tough, and yet his voice is so beautiful and fragile. Radiohead make sacred music.”

It's from Blender, September 2003

Zootlesque said:
If Bono can appreciate this amazing band, I'm sure all you U2 fans can too!! ;)

We all know what Bono's taste is like. :|

I don't take him seriously on anything to do with music, whether it's his own or anyone else's.

Zootlesque said:
If Bono can appreciate this amazing band, I'm sure all you U2 fans can too!! ;)

Axver said:

I don't take him seriously on anything to do with music, whether it's his own or anyone else's.

6519.jpg

:angel:

Axver said:

Yes, but based on percent and probability logarithms, he is right at least some of the time. (Just like he's right about Achtung Baby being the best U2 album.) :hyper:

Anyhooo...Bono or no Bono, Radiohead are wonderful. Magazines tell me so. :drool:

angelordevil said:

Yes, but based on percent and probability logarithms, he is right at least some of the time. (Just like he's right about Achtung Baby being the best U2 album.) :hyper:

Anyhooo...Bono or no Bono, Radiohead are wonderful. Magazines tell me so. :drool:

:up:

Back
Top Bottom