Achtung Baby vs Bomb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which record is better?

• Achtung Baby

Votes: 122 89.7%
  • Bomb

Votes: 14 10.3%

• Total voters
cleazer said:
What are we supposed to do? Laugh and mock those 11 fools or something like that?

So people who don't bow at the altar of Achtung are fools now?

cleazer said:
What are we supposed to do? Laugh and mock those 11 fools or something like that?

Don't resort to name-calling...it's exactly why some people don't like these sorts of polls.

namkcuR said:

Don't resort to name-calling...it's exactly why some people don't like these sorts of polls.

:up: Let's stick to the music (or share wonderful pasta recipes :drool:)

If I were to send one U2 album into outer space for aliens to hear as the definitive U2, Achtung would be it.

Axver said:
Amazingly, ten people actually agree with me that HTDAAB is better than AB!

i doubt it, i'm sure a few of them voted against AB to spite namkcuR ;)

AB has One, UTEOTW, Zoo Station, Mysterious Ways & Acrobat on it.

wether you like the 4 tracks axver mentioned or not, the ones i just mentioned are better than the bomb.

Last edited:
the rockin edge said:

wether you like the 4 tracks axver mentioned or not, the ones i just mentioned are better than the bomb.

:up:

the rockin edge said:

:up: :up: With the other tracks, some my greatest lip-syncing-into-a-hairbrush moments were in the company of Ultraviolet and Tryin' to Throw Your Arms Around the World. If Axver knew this, he would surely change his mind :happy:

I'll go further.. in my opinion, Achtung Baby is the best album of all time by any artist. It's diversity, uniqueness and excellence are unmatched, unprecedented and extraordinary.

Like every U2 album except Joshua Tree, I didn't embrace AB at first. But over time I have been able to increasingly appreciate the brilliance of this masterpiece by U2. It is the Michael Jordan of modern musical works.

Another tough one for me but it has to be Achtung Baby if for no other reason than, One, The Fly, Mysterious Ways, So Cruel, Love is Blindness, Zoo Station, oh and Even Better Than The Real Thing!:drool:

Gen. Chat said:

I reckon that demographic is 21 and under. :shifty:

Why?

I'm 21 and I voted for AB. Age is no bar on recognising great music. If people under or over 21 vote for Bomb it is because they prefer it, not because they are too young/old/whatever to "appreciate it". Bomb ranks 3rd on my alltime U2 list, regardless of when it was released, or my age. Its all about the music.

tough desicion, very hard to decide
AB may be the greatest album ever released, but as i listen to HTDAAB i say the same thing, so....
U2 is the GREATEST BAND TO EVER HIT THE UNIVERSE:bow: :rockon: :drool:

HTDAAB has 4 of the best U2 tunes:
Sometimes you can't make it on your own
City of Blinding Lights
Original of The Species
Vertigo

WOW.

Nube Gris said:
Sometimes you can't make it on your own
City of Blinding Lights
Original of The Species
Vertigo

So to find their rough equivalents, you'd say...

Sometimes is better than One
Vertigo is better than The Fly

I can't really think of a matchup for City of Blinding Lights, but I guess maybe as a mood lifting, finger snapping, highway driving fun song, perhaps Even Better than the Real Thing? And U2 wouldn't have been caught dead doing that schmaltzy Original of the Species nursery rhyme shit in '91 so there's no comparison there.

Earnie Shavers said:

And U2 wouldn't have been caught dead doing that schmaltzy Original of the Species nursery rhyme shit in '91 so there's no comparison there.

:lol:

Your comparisons are about right. Sometimes is a much sappier version of One. COBL is a watered down more keyboard driven EBTTRT. Vertigo is a less rocking Fly.

Back
Top Bottom