Achtung baby SUCKS!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Basstrap said:
well...lets be honest...Throwing Your Arms Around the world leaves a lot wanting.

it's pretty uneventful, musically, and lyrically....well....

"I thought that I saw dali with a super market trolley"

I think it fits perfectly with the album lyrically, and I do like it when U2 lightens up and not every song is about saving the world or trying to be over intellectual at any cost.

U2girl said:

I think it fits perfectly with the album lyrically, and I do like it when U2 lightens up and not every song is about saving the world or trying to be intellectual at any cost.

I totally agree. Not everything U2 does has to be serious. They seem to like to have fun as much as the next person.

"A Woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle." That line alone makes it a great song. Just a fun hangover song.

Earnie Shavers said:
On my own mix cd's I generally have One as the last track. Kind of like, "there's nothing else to say after this..."

Yeah, same here... One has been the last song on my MP3 Player now for awhile. It just wouldn't seem right to put anything after it.

As for Achtung, I've listened to that album so much that the transitions are so natural I could never question them :p I can't imagine the songs in any other order... as for TTTYAATW, well, I do love the line "a woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle" but for me it's kinda boring... however it's a good transition between Mysterious Ways and Ultra Violet, just like So Cruel is great in between WGRYWH and The Fly even if I don't like the song much :reject: I think I'm the only one ever who doesn't think that's one of the best songs on the album, but oh well.

The title of this thread horrified me! ;)

I love Achtung Baby and feel it is their finest work to date because it connected ith me on a level that no other U2 record had. I'm not saying I don't think their other works aren't brilliant - they are, it's just that this record came out at a roller-coaster time in my life where I was going through a lot of growth and questioning why I was here, and questioning my future on this earth. That being said, I know I run the risk of reiterating what's already been posted. I like the song transitions and find no fault on the part of the band as to how the songs are laid out on on the record. Achtung Baby is not only pure genius to my ears, it's deeply personal on so many levels, and this lends itself to being a concept record imo. It has high points and low points, peaks and valleys, joy and heartbreak. The flow to me is as consistant as a person's emotional journey through a trying phase in his/her life. This is a sort of paradox, as emotions are not always consistant and do not always flow in a straight line - and I think that's what makes the overall feeling of this record brilliant.

Dr_Macphisto said:
Good point dlihcraw, I never even thought about the WOWY to Bullet the Blue Sky transition

i love the way those 2 are back to back. Bullet is like a slap in the face after WOWY, its really effective and emphasises how hard-hitting the sound of it is. a very good combo i think

gonna go listent o One and UTEOFW and think about that one now...

I always thought the transition between those two songs was excellent, especially when they played it live during Zoo TV tour with that short Unchained Melody snippet. :yes:

I live for the transition from One to Until the End of the World. I love the contrast from the delicate beauty of One to the screeching guitar intro of UTEOTW. When I make mixes I often follow a similar pattern--it feels quite natural to me.

Back
Top Bottom