'Achtung Baby' is TEN years old!...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pvanort

The Fly
My god, it feels like it was just yesterday, when AB was up there battling the charts with Nirvana and Pearl Jam, and people were dumpin' on the New Kids on the Block instead of N'Sync! Jaysus, I'm startin' to feel a bit old here!...

------------------
"Hey, pardon me for askin', but who's that little ol' man?..."

that means The Unforgettable Fire is more than 10 years old

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

This is true.

That would make Boy, like, ancient.
tongue.gif

I wasn't aware enough to be in celebration during Achtung Baby's release, but I will gladly put in a belated moment of celebration.

Originally posted by Salome:
that means The Unforgettable Fire is more than 10 years old

By alot!

AB is presently in my CD player and it doesn't sound ten years old. it sounds like something that came out a year ago at the most. Wow. 10 years, man, 10 years!

Love is Blindness is underrated, what about Acrobat? One is the best U2 song of all time. Oh and Mysterious Ways-- the song that really sank its U2 hook in me and reeled me in. I love this album, I love this band.

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

Originally posted by sharky:
AB is presently in my CD player and it doesn't sound ten years old.

I totally agree! That album could be released today and IMO still sound new! I think that's probably why I really can't believe it's 10...

------------------

[This message has been edited by pvanort (edited 11-01-2001).]

Oh, would you guys QUIT WHINING about how "old" you are now!! Jeez!!!

Do you know how old I was when AB came out???? Oh, nevermind, then you'd know how old I was now and you'd never believe it!!!
eek.gif
eek.gif

Anyhow, I remember when I first heard The Fly on the radio, March 1991, man, it blew me away! I still love that song and still love AB....

I'm just 10 months older than "Boy" and about 2 months younger than their first single, "U2-3". Does anyone come closer?

I was 5 or 6 when AB came out!
smile.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
Ramble on,
Sing my song

WHAT YOU DON'T HAVE YOU DON'T NEED IT NOW
WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW YOU CAN FEEL IT SOMEHOW

Originally posted by popkidu2:
i was *gulp* 15 when achtung baby came out....oh my
eek.gif

im such an old fart now
frown.gif

Ahhh, speak for yourself!! I was 28 then and I'm even younger now!!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"You're dangerous...'cause you're honest"

I was thinking about this today too! So I celebrated by playing Achtung Baby all day today!
biggrin.gif
HAPPY 10th AB!!

------------------
But you take what you can get
'Cause it's all that you can find
Oh, you know there's something more
But tonight, tonight, tonight

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Originally posted by jezebel:
I remember when I first heard The Fly on the radio, March 1991

Actually I have a giant poster for 'The Fly' that says it was released October 21st 1991, but I don't know, or recall if that date was for radio play, or the single onsale date??...

BTW, does anyone know the actual date the album itself went onsale??

------------------

[This message has been edited by pvanort (edited 11-01-2001).]

The album went onsale on the 18th of November 1991. I would imagine the single "The Fly" premiered a month or two before that.

I remember cruisin in my buddy's Tempo blasting Zoo Station right after the release. A wild song considering what U2 was known for. Very in sync with the times.

AB/Zoo is my favorite era...

You know what's really weird
icon27.gif
???

<gulp> I hear EBTTRT on Los Angeles KROQ Flashback 80s Lunch today.... <shudder>

------------------
"Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on." - Stairway to Heaven, Zoso: Led Zeppelin

[This message has been edited by theSoulfulMofo (edited 11-01-2001).]

I was 11. I now like AB more than I have ever have before, though I still tend to listen to just some of the songs. The Edge's guitar on that album is beyond amazing.

------------------
So wind blow through to my heart
So wind blow through my soul

Originally posted by the olive:
The album went onsale on the 18th of November 1991. I would imagine the single "The Fly" premiered a month or two before that.

Well, that's what happens when you get old, your brain cells are the first to go
smile.gif

I could have sworn it was March 91, I guess it must have been March 92. Those years are just kind of running together.....

btw, how could EBTTRT be on an 80's flashback lunch???!!!!

[This message has been edited by jezebel (edited 11-02-2001).]

I was 30 when it was released and thought it was a masterpiece...sweetheart, a man will beg and a man will crawl but you're dangerous 'cause you're honest.... Ouch!!I love it.
Mysterious Ways came out with the funkiest film clip, some of the photo shoots from that era are something else too.Woman be still
smile.gif

Bravo U2.

Originally posted by jezebel:
how could EBTTRT be on an 80's flashback lunch???!!!!

I have heard a few good early 90's things on the 80's stations/radio specials here in Chicago, which is bizarre to hear, but what the hey...

------------------

Back
Top Bottom